This Little Piggy Went To Market

Today was a leap of faith, in a sense.

The one thing about being creative and doing "artsy things" that is scary....? Its the fear of criticism... the inner talk saying "Am I good enough?" "Are people going to like me?" "Can they see those flaws"? And every once in awhile hushing that self-doubt.

Doing what I love, for ME? Well, that's easy. After all, I am my own harshest critic. I can retreat to my "happy place, safe in my crafting attic, and quietly be the artistic introvert I am content to be. But to share it? With other people? well......that's a different story entirely! Putting your wares out on the street, under the scrutiny of public eyes is a little scary.

But today, I "hitched up my britches" (lol) and jumped in. I contacted Wendy; a wonderful and bright lady living on the way to lake country who has recently opened a market - selling fresh produce, fruit, homemade teas, jams and jellies, and locally-made art and handcrafted items. And I decided to "put myself out there". And hey, if you like me...you like me, and if you don't...?

Well, there's always Hallmark, honey. :)

Comments

Popular Posts