Life of a Paper Hoarder - Take #3299

Hello everyone!

Its been SO long (well - a year to be exact) that I decided to take a artsy break from all things ink and paper - a whole year! Isn't it CRAZY!? 

But I knew it couldn't last - and it didn't. I had this ache to create. I was so lucky to be able to create a crafty space down in the hollows of the lower level of our house. (Think - basement!) There was a cozy corner with my name on it - and, it took awhile ...but I slowly got organized... (because I've got ALOT of STUFF!) and...here I am!

Speaking of STUFF - that is what my title is about.... Paper Hoarder Syndrome. 
It's the dark secret of the crafting world that we rarely discuss - the size of our stash.
Some of us (myself included) have been known to fall in love with paper... you see it .... you need it... you get it. 
And then - you refuse to cut it because it's JUST TOO DARN BEAUTIFUL.
Are you with me?

Well, my artistic goal this year is to break that cycle and LOVE IT & CUT IT!

I found the most beautiful paper assortment through an online shop here in Canada called Prairie Paper Haven - and for us Canucks... this place is like a dealer for all of us junkies. She has fabulous shipping...fast (In a place where sending stuff by dogsled might be quicker I think). 
Her selection is TOP-NOTCH...and she always throws in a sweet little tag or gift with every order. She is just that darn awesome!

So today after making (ahem) a couple orders (mind yo business) I decided to create a couple 
things with this paper - I love it...but I gotta cut it! 


Right now buffalo check plaid is all the rage.... everyone is gonna be sick of it soon (isn't that how it goes?) 
But for now - this sweet little card/gift tag combo is what I created!
Its perfect for those burly manly -men (beards/flannel) who occasionally mutter Bah-humbug. 

So many companies are showing this off - but this particular thick cardstock is from Carta Bella's Christmas Market collection. 
I may have bought a few extra pieces...juuuuuust in case.
 (HEY! BABY STEPS, RIGHT?)

It layered perfectly with black & kraft cardstock for that rustic look.




I also had a scrap of Hero Art's vellum with that awesome woodgrain pattern. 

That noble stag die is from Paper Rose - and I know I will be creating more Christmas and masculine cards with it! 

The sentiment is an old favorite of mine from Stampin Up - the set is called Endless Wishes.
On the tag (SWOON!) I also dove
 into my SU! stash for the sweet little antler stamp from Wonderland.

And that gentle reminder *NOT* to peek is from vintage Stampin Up as well (Oh, What Fun)
There are just some supplies you really can't part with.



I have 2 classes coming up next weekend - and the prep is all done so this week, I plan to sneak downstairs and create some more Christmas projects just for me! 
Thanks for stopping in!


Love, Peace n' Ink


Amber 



Comments

Popular Posts