Friends of Unity Blog Hop - June 2020 - Things With Wings

Hi friends!

This month the Friends of Unity Blog Hop is flying into June with a special theme:



There are so so many really wonderful Unity stamps from birds to butterflies  and when I think wings... it is SO hard to choose!

This month my project was simple to create and I combined multiple stamp sets for you :) 


I decided to use a stamp set that is well-loved and has a permanent spot on my workspace - it is called Spark, from Graciellie Design :) I also used another winged wonder from a kit by Gina K, called Another Name For Love. 
I simply created a panel of purple shades (my fave color!) using layers and layers of Tim Holtz Distress Oxides and Ink in Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Concord Grape.  The butterfly images were then stamped in Blackberry Bliss randomly - and I decided to break up all that color by slicing that layer at an angle and having some shimmery white cardstock peeking through. That layer is on a Smoky Slate cardstock base. 
I still had a piece of inky paper and my sentiment and other layer of butterflies were inked up with Versamark ink and heat embossed using a powder called Hematite - I wish you could see all that shimmer!
I popped up that sentiment and finished off this card with a few purple enamel dots and water droplet beads. 

Thanks for stopping by - next up is Joyce! You can check out her beautiful project HERE :)

Comments

  1. All that purple is so yummy; it's my favorite color. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purples and the black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amber, this card is stunning! The purples are amazing... and the black really pops and showcases the lovely butterflies! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring and
    lovely colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite colours! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and creative purple card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning! Love the purples!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sentiment for this lovely card Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love how you broke up all the purple by cutting the panel in two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! The dark and light stamping in purple is perfectly accented by the black. I love the split panel dimension. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I just love butterflies and purple. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Purple is also my favorite color:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Love the shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so beautiful with the butterflies, 2nd generation stamping and all that luscious purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty in purple, for sure!!! This is stunning. I love the stamps you chose, the colors, and design are amazing! Just beautiful, my friend! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! I love the purple and the design. I love how you cut the panel in two...gives it some drama! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful! I will be playing around with ideas you shared with us today. Thanks Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, Amber... all that dark purple richness coupled with the sentiment... wish we could see the shimmer... icing on the cake, I’m sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you stamped the butterflies in both purple and black, and that sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, and the purples are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that color block effect for your background! Pretty colors and butterfly images!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts