Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Things With Wings

 Hey hey... it's May! 

Welcome to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop!

Before we get started - last month I wanted to offer a lucky visitor a gift for stopping in and saying Hi on our Hop.... so congratulations to Linda Longfellow- I would love to give you a little something so if you are reading this.... let me know - I want to brighten your day! 


This month we have a fantastic cue for inspiration for you... Things With Wings!

  Crystal kicked things off with some beautiful inspiration - perfection, always! 

 Be sure to stop in along the Hop and admire all of the stunning cards we have created using our Unity :) 




I had a hard time choosing which Unity stamps to use for this month because we have soooo many unique and beautiful stamps featuring everything from birds to bees, and... everything in between! 

So this month I promise I didn't "go nuts" like last month ;) I have a couple projects to inspire you to dig in to your Unity stash and use our winged beauties!




First up - I created this quick, clean and simple design. Isn't it gorgeous? 
The beautiful butterfly is from KOTM from August 2016 called Open Your Soul. (Note: if you want it on its own you can grab the itty bitty called Words Fail ...enabler alert: it is ON SALE for Unity's 14th bday Bash! Yay!)
 It was stamped on the vellum with Versamark and Stazon and heat-set to be sure it didn't bleed. 
And all the bright color?  A couple months ago, I used the same technique 
to get that beautiful background - it's a "faux" alcohol ink technique that anyone can create, using my alcohol markers on vellum! Here I used some Copics and randomly laid down
 color on the vellum, then dropped rubbing alcohol gently in a few spots.
 I dried everything with just a quick zap of the heat gun, and layered my beautiful sunflower over it (BTW that die is from SU!). The birthday sentiment was from a grab bag Unity was so generously giving out ( I LOVE surprise bags... don't you?)


Next up, this slimline dragonfly card was so fun to create! 
Again, a little bit of coloring and this time I used my Spectrum Noir markers and a wink of Stella to just 
drop a bit of color using Hope and Strength from a collab from Unity and Graciellie Designs. 
That set is well loved - I have it sitting on my desk - it never seems to get put away ;) 
I layered it with leftover vellum and a piece of lovely lilac colored acetate
 I had in my scrap bin. 
Such a nice card to lift someone's spirits right now! 



My last design is based on an amazing gift I received awhile back from fellow Friends of Unity blog hopper (and Unity DT member) Bobbie Sue McConathy. 
She inspires me EVERY day with her talent - I just can't! (picture me talking with my hands when I say that. I. Just. Can't) 
I am obsessed with every card she makes and I was so lucky to receive a "Bobbie Sue" from her awhile back, and I used that design to inspire this calendar card.

This turned out so lovely  and I simply used my Zigs to color up the floral/butterfly from Feb 2021 KOTM called Start of Something New - I love that as a kit member you can go back and purchase past kits at a great price! I have some beauties!  
My old kits are all very well-loved  but from time to time Unity also releases a stamp 
or two as a stand alone image or set as well and this butterfly
 was also chosen to be featured as its own set called Allow Yourself. 
The sentiment however is from another KOTM (Feb 2021) called A Beautiful Mindset.

I layered this on the front of my card and popped it up to add some bulk with some double-sided  foam adhesive sheets (Sizzix has some great ones)
 I wanted my friend to use this calendar and keep this card on their desk all year long to
 brighten their days :) The calendar can even be replaced next year if the special someone
 REALLY loves this card.


Thank you so much for popping in - and I do hope you leave a little love down 
in the comments to let me know you stopped by! 

Next up is Eileen and I am sure she created something beautiful to share! 

Peace, Love n' Ink


Amber 






Comments

  1. Amber, these are all so beautiful.. That first card is amazing, and i love the texture in the slim line card

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Where do I begin??
    Your first card is indeed gorgeous!!! Just WOW!! Adding those enamel dots topped it off perfectly and perfectly placed as well!!!
    2nd card is amazing!!!! From the torn vellum, and they tiny bit of coloring!!! It's perfect!!
    and lastly the 3rd card, and your homage to Sweet Bobbie Sue (isn't that her full name?) is wonderful!!! I love the addition of the heart paper clip!!! and that sentiment!!!
    Great job, friend!!! :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Amber!! I love each one... the colors of each are gorgeous and your designs - perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cards! The first one is such a creative design. I love how you used black and white and then beautiful bright colors under the die. Fantastic, so striking. The dragonfly card is so pretty with the purple border and torn vellum. And your calendar is just over the top gorgeous! I love the calendar idea and the coloring on the butterfly is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunch of beautiful cards.
    Love that inked flower on
    first card.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All of your cards are so beautiful. I love the 1st one with the alcohol ink on vellum and that dragonfly is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, a calendar card is a new style to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love dragonflies and butterflies when it comes to stamps.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every card is gorgeous. I can't even pick a favorite. I've not seen a calendar card either. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the very artsy look to the first card. All the details you incorporate are wonderful. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three cards are gorgeous, and I especially like the inking on vellum with the black and white butterfly as contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful cards! The fist one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! How did you create the crosshatch texture on the second one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love all of them so much; great layouts & color choices. I'm curious about the crosshatch texture on the dragonfly card and wondering which SU! die that is? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! It is the Artfully Layered dies from SU!

      Delete
  15. I just stumbled across here. Wow !! Such beautiful cards !! Love them all. You pumped my energy up to look into these images, especially the dragonfly. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I really love the pretty image on your calendar card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful choice of colors on all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly beautiful cards & calendar!! The Dragonfly card is so special, love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everybsingle one of these is absolutely gorgeous! I especially am intrigued with your first one and how you made a faux alcohol ink background. I'm going to try that. Your color combos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your cards are stunningly beautiful! I love the colors and easy splatter of the first card. The dragonfly card is amazing in jewel colors. And your last card is just gorgeous. Thank you for inspiring me every month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! Your creations are so beautiful! I can't pick a favorite. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all so gorgeous! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts