Watercolor - Friends of Unity Blog Hop July 2023

 Happy July 1st ! 

It's Canada Day here and the official beginning of summer for most of us Canucks! 

I am on an extended Long Weekend getaway camping but I just had to play along with our Friends of Unity Blog Hop this month, because it is one of my favorite techniques - Watercolor! 


I have to say, this was one of our cues I was looking forward to the most - but time got away from me (summer is just really beginning for me - and I try to take it in and my creativity takes a backseat)

I created 3 cards for you and they don't need much for explanation so here's what I created for you. 



First up, I had this 'splatter" piece of watercolor paper I had been saving (or, as my Kev calls it "hoarding" haha) So it was just a matter of deciding when to use it - and which stamp?? Unity has so many to choose from - it was tough! I finally decided on inking up a new stamp I had ordered called Grow, Evolve, Transform, and I heat embossed the bee to give it a bit of dimension.


I added a bit more color to the bee with my Zig real brush watercolor markers and a bit of water. 

I also added some clear Nuvo drops. 

I liked the deckled edge die and used it to cut the panel, and raised it with pop dots on a naturals white cardstock base. 






Next up, another new to me stamp set I have never inked up!



Inked Florals is one of the most beautiful background stamps that Unity has to watercolor, and I had never used it before! (maybe this month's cue was meant to be) 

I created not one, but two cards with it for this month's Blog Hop! Both cards were on Canson watercolor paper and I used my Prima pan watercolor paints.


Both cards were heat embossed, again to add dimension and shine. I actually created this panel first, and I loved the hint of yellow I used for the centre of the flowers so I decided to create a second card with sunny yellow flowers! 


I also added a bit of Tim Holtz emboss resist to each card... those little splashes look great!









I was torn on the sentiments to use for these beautiful card fronts... but I finally settled on a sentiment from No One Sweeter for the yellow panel, and Garciellie/Unity collab called Simply Blessed for the pink floral card. The vellum softens it up and I like how it turned out! 














Thanks so much for stopping by! Since I am the final stop this month... if you want to begin again...Crystal kicked things off - you can go back to the beginning and check out everyone here:




Peace Love n Ink

Amber


 

Comments

  1. Wow, Amber, your cards are stunning! The florals are so gorgeous! I love your color choices! Your sweet bee card is so cute and lovely! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variety of cards, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. You make the water coloring look effortless. Love the bee card especially. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love both of these!! Saved them both for future inspiration!!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower ones! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee- utiful cards Amber! Love the sunny colours you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! Love the bee and the sentiment on your first card, and the floral designs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the first card, but it packs a lot of interest. Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards... I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible cards! Love the bee simplicity, the vibrancy of color with the florals. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are stunning Amber. I love it when I can use something from my stash. Such lovely watercolor creations again this month. Awesome, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts