Friends of Unity - Angie Girls: August 2023 Blog Hop

 

Hi everyone - welcome to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! 
What a celebration - this month we are inspiring you with Unity Stamps'  one of a kind Angie Girls!

I am still in summer mode (in fact it's the last Long weekend of the summer here) But I couldn't miss this month's cue - so I only have one card to inspire you this month!) 

Angie Girls are the brainchild of the amazing Angie Blom.We've been loving these girls for 10 years and I first fell in love with them when Unity began including these girls in the Kit of Month ( since then there are over 35 and counting!) 

I chose one of my favorite girls of all time to create a card for this month we are honouring these girls!


Laney Girl was one of the first "solo" stamps I bought - I admit that I have many in my collection, but this gal was always the one that I used for Mother's Day cards and I have even trimmed out that sweet little girl to ink this up for a work colleague for International Women's Day - any of the Angie Girls are perfect for that!

I inked up Laney and colored her with my Copics and fussy cut her. The background layer is texturized using an embossing folder from SU! called Timeworn Type. (I wanted to keep the background white so she "popped" and I figured adding texture was the way to go) 

Next up, I stamped the sentiment but I wanted to add to it because, let's face it we wear so many hats.... so I also used The Very Best Gal stamp set to include a few more roles most of the Superwomen in our lives have. Everything was popped up and a few embellishments were added. 

So many things have changed through 10 years but Unity having these unique stamps has not. Some have had faces added (although the idea that these gals are every woman is what I love), Angie Guys have been added too, and I hope we see even more! 


I am the last stop on this month's Hop! Thank you for stopping by and do be sure to leave some love in the comments to let me know you were here! 

Here is this month's Hop lineup if you wish to go back and check out all of the inspiration my friends have for you - you don't want to miss out ;) 


Crystal

Jane 

Bobbie Sue

April

Gaylynn

Dawn

Colleen

Rachel

Amber (that's me! You are here!)


Peace Love n Ink

Amber

Comments

  1. Love Lainey Girl and your gorgeous card, Amber!! Loving the mix of sentiments you used... so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring and design of this card is absolutely gorgeous, Amber. My goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and
    great ideas with using
    it.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful card with perfect sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card this is! I love how you did the sentiment with each one separate and popped up. I love all the Angie Girls! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Supermom Angie! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card showcasing Lanie is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card.for Mother's Day! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning! Great choice! Love this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card with this Angie girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts