Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Make a Scene!

 


Hi everyone! Welcome back - it's already time for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! 

There is a definite change in the weather here and the Autumn color has arrived - by next month's Blog Hop, it is crazy to think that we *might* have snow on the ground! (EEEK!) That is scarier  than Halloween to me! 

This month the Friends of Unity have designed cards with the cue Building a Scene - there are so many wonderful ways to combine our stamps from Unity and this month's cue really made me put my thinking cap on! 

Crystal kicked things off this month with her beautiful designs - if you missed it, be sure to go check her blog out HERE. 

I had fun designing a few simple cards for you, and I actually gave everyone a sneak peek of a card inspired by this month's theme a little early  (you can also check it out over on my FB page Forever Amber's Art if you missed it on the Unity page)

Here are a couple more "Scene" cards I created for this month's theme! 



I love being out in the forest - it's right outside my doorstep to enjoy and even though I am not excited about the long winter months soon arriving - I LOVE winter scenes. 
So my first card is a perfect card to capture that scene between a world of winter snow, and the autumn color being gone. This birthday card has an almost masculine feel to it as well - perfect guy card! 
I inked up the trees from Northwoods Peace with Tim Holtz Distress Ink 
in Rustic Wilderness and spritzed it with a mist of water before stamping on watercolor paper. 
Then I went in with an aqua painter (you could also use just 
a small paintbrush and water) and loosely added just a bit more 
watercolor effect to the image. I used Zig real brush markers 
to add the color to the sky and ground, and let that watercolor aqua painter do the work. So simple  - and I felt like an artist ;) 
The sentiment is from Unity's front and centre stamp set called Shake Your Flakes. I fussy cut it and popped it up on the panel. I added a layer of vellum behind the image layer - I had embossed the card base and the vellum softened it up.. This was such and easy card to create as a scene this month - I know I will recreate it again for another upcoming birthday. 

Next up, a full on winter scene! 



I will admit - Unity has a way of making any season look good and besides Dawn Bryson (a fellow Unity Design Team member) I don''t know a single other person on the planet that loves snow and looks forward to winter the way she does (maybe because she doesn't have to live in it for 7 months of the year! HA) 
The Unity background stamps are gorgeous - and I had a hard time choosing exactly 
which one to use... but I narrowed it down to Wintertime Window
 and used watercolor again as a medium - but I also heat embossed it for shine and 
added some fun texture - the picture doesn't show it well, but that snow piled up in the
 window frames and at the bottom of the image is Tim Holtz texture paste.! 
And my fave Angie Girl was also inked up and colored with Copics. 
Emerson Girl fits this scene perfectly. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of our Blog Hop - my sweet friend Bobbie Sue has some beautiful inspiration for you next, so be sure to visit her Blog here. 

Thanks so much for visiting! 

Peace, Love n Ink 

Amber 
    




Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards, Amber!! I love the CAS design of your first card! I had the beautiful Wintertime Window on my desk with another Angie Girl {LOL} but ended up running out of time... I love your card!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great scenes you've created! I'm not much of a snow lover, but Emerson Girl looks fantastic in that snowy scene!
    -- Wilma DeGraffenreid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful cards. I can't pick a favorite. You always come up with the neatest creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I am not a fan of snow at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scenes! I LOVE the Angie Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snow too as I was born in Michigan, grew up in Colorado, and have visited Canada many times! I'm a mountain girl at heart. Amazing cards! Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! I love both for different reasons since they are so different from each other. I love snow, too - on TV!! lol I'm a native So. Foridian and loved the snow flurries we got in 1977! lol But when I visited upstate NY and they had a storm, I hated it! Way too cold for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your beautiful and cozy scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and love the
    second card!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your scenes very much! Such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scene cards are gorgeous! I love both cards. I like the added texture on the trees and windows on your second card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are beautiful! I love the nature scene, It reminds me of where I live and looks like some of the islands in our state. Your second card is fantastic with festive colors on a black and white background. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts