Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Feb 2024 Sketch

 

Hi crafty friends! 

It is finally February - and this month my friends and I are playing with a sketch for the Friends of Unity Blog Hop! Crystal Minkler designed this sketch to inspire us to create cards using our Unity stash - so the sky's the limit! In fact, we want you ALL to play with this sketch! Share your makes with us - we would love to see them! And this month I have something special for you - so keep reading ;)



A sketch leaves you with so many possibilities when you are stuck for a card design and this one was no exception! Here is my first card I created. 


I had some Valentines to create and I thought the sketch would work perfectly! 

For this card I used Unity's Shake Your Flakes stamp set. I inked up the main image with Versamark ink on red cardstock and heat embossed using black embossing powder. I decided to use my Dashes and Frills Heart dies and cut it out to pop up on my card. 




I had a scrap of vellum and the sentiment was also stamped and heat embossed. (I added a little sparkle with that gold heart sticker). I embossed the card front with an embossing folder from Spellbinders, and that sweet little arrow die is from MFT. 
I added some washi and this card was complete. 


Next up, card #2






My next card was so simple - I knew I wanted to use the Enveloped in Love paper pack!
 I love it so much and I was so excited to see all of the paper packs on sale this last week - I may have stocked up. :) 


I inked up "going to be owl-right"  and colored it with Copics. The sentiment was stamped on some Crumb Cake cardstock and I had a small stitched heart sitting inmy scrap bin that worked perfectly as well. 


I hope you decide to give our sketch a try this month - it is so easy to use it as inspiration to make a quick card for any occasion. 

I am giving away a Unity gift card to someone as a special gift (shhh... it's my birthday month but I want to gift a lucky visitor with Unity of their own) So leave some love below and let me know what you love about Unity! I will announce the winner on our next Friends of Unity Blog Hop in March 💖

The next stop on the Blog Hop is my friend Joyce - be sure to check out just what she created this month. Head over to her blog here. 

Want to start at the beginning? Crystal kicked things off over on here Blog - you can check out her gorgeous cards here. 


Peace, Love n Ink 

Amber 

Comments

  1. Love your sweet Valentine's, Amber!! The pop of red on your first card is just so stunning! I love it! And, of course, I'm smitten with the adorable owl! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I love about Unity is the variety of their stamps. They have something for every stamping style. I also love the small business love. Your cards are adorable. I especially love the owl card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! Unity has something for everyone, for sure!

      Delete
  3. Love how you split the arrow die cut on the heart!! Such a great idea!! Love the black on red heart it's a wowser Valentine!! Love the owl too. I love so much about Unity and their stamp quality and variety but the friendships I've made in the Show and Tell are so amazing. Such a kind hearted encouraging group. I look forward to meeting more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! The first valentine is so striking with the vellum and all the details! Everything about the owl is awesome. The coloring and the colors you chose in the grey tones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! 🎈 Happy Birthday to us ( I'm at the very end - oh dear of the month not my life, tee hee 🙄) stunning love and beauty in these cards... those eyes. 👀 cute cute cute. I love unity's wit and ability to laugh at life and celebrate it through images. Not to mention this blog hop and the sweet dedicated generous talented content creators who love every one of us who follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! I love the texture and layers on the first card. The owl and sentiment on the second card are adorable. What I love about Unity is the quality of their products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and
    I love the darling Owl!
    Unity has such lovely
    stamps.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Thanks for the chance! Your little owl is absolutely darling!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! That little owl.is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the snowflakes on the heart and the owl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's my birthday month, too! Don't you just love being born in the month of love?! hehe The heart card is so elegant and beautiful. And I'm a bird nerd, so I adore the owl stamps (I've used 'My Favorite Kinda Owl' for a few love cards this month). I love the colors you used to color him. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The owl is just perfect! Best wishes for your birthday

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOPs deleted my first comment.....I had more to say! LOL I love both cards!! So fun!!
    I'm also a February baby!! Happy Birthday to all of us February ladies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this little owl and how you used it. Very creative. Enjoy your Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful valentines. Love the heat embossing on the heart! Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts