Ridiculously Awesome Thanks! Kylie's International Blog Hop!

Hello everyone!
I had a ton of fun on this long weekend down in my cool craft room (August has finally heated up around here!) 

I am super excited to be joining Kylie's International Blog Hop this month! It is my first time EVER - and I am so happy you decided to stop by! Welcome! 

I just love SO many things in the new Annual Catalog - it is full of crafty goodness and it was hard to choose something to create with this month - put I pulled it all together with a few things I hope you like!

This month, our theme is "Thank You!" Gratitude is huge! Here is my design!



I got to work using watercolor paper that was lightly misted and inked up my stamp set from the Blossoms in Bloom bundle with that gorgeous new Bumblebee In-Color ink!
 I also took my small Aqua painter and a wee bit of Soft Suede ink to fill in the centers
 of my watercolor flowers. 
 I knew I was going to fussy cut a bit, so I wasn't using precision when I did this ;)
 I just heat-set it a bit. Next up: I ran Whisper White cardstock and the  
outline die from the bundle through my Bigshot and attached it with my
 fine tip glue pen. I set this all aside.
I wanted to use the Ridiculously Awesome stamp set - but I had to get creative
 for this sentiment when it came to a thank you card! 
I taped off a portion of the wording and used my Craft Whisper White
 pigment ink on Basic Black cardstock and *just squeezed* it all
 into the frame using one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels set.
 (Whew! That was close! haha)
I also had a bit of help with this sentiment - I used Tasteful Touches
and Massive Thanks to get that gratitude in! 

My Forever Greenery DSP was calling to me for this card - and those
 watercolor-look stripes were perfect! I adhered them to the Crumb Cake base 
and planned the way the flowers were going to be cut to layer on the DSP. 
A little bit of trimming to cut the flowers apart and it fit perfectly. 
I cut a couple of the smaller flowers and popped them up on the black layer.

There are so many amazing projects this month - and I hope you get some inky inspiration from our International Blog Hop! 
If you like my card, you can vote for me ( this month - I am #39  in the Gallery!)





If there are any items you would like to make some thank you cards - and you are a fellow 
Canadian - you can shop here! 
I would love to help you add to your stash ;) 

Thanks for stopping by  - I can't wait to hop again next month!

Peace, Love n' Ink 

Amber 

Comments

  1. Who doesn't want to hear they are ridiculously awesome! Love it Thanks Amber for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts