{Growing in Unity} Day 5

 Friday has arrived - but I am a wee bit sad... today is my final day as a Growing in Unity girl :( 


I have a fun card today, inspired by a few projects I have seen floating around with "faux" shaker cards!

Admittedly - I had never made a SINGLE shaker card. Ever. And Last month I was asked (gasp!) to do a make and take at a gathering. 

I was a fraud. A phoney. lol

I literally tried to learn the good ol'  traditional shaker card style and I thought "there is absoutely no freakin way I am doing this. It sucks." LOL! 

Then... as luck would have it I stumbled upon some ladies creating these "pocket shakers" or faux shaer cards, using clear window sheets and envelopes. 

I watched a great video and I give so much credit to this fellow crafty lady - Patty Bennett. This is her video  you can watch HERE. (but search Youtube and Pinterest for even more inspiration if you like!) 



So to get to it, my shaker card features Unity's gorgeous Cheerful Prancing - not a new set, but definitely one of my favorite Christmas stamps Unity came out with! 

I heat embossed the image in gorgeous copper on vellum - its pure shimmer! Next, I layered it over my patterned paper and adding all the little sentiment bits I cut out and popped up. 

These clear envelopes are from Stampin Up! and they are a PERFECT size for an A4 card (these even fit into the envelopes I have!) 



These shaker cards are sooo easy - fill them up with bits of punched images.....sequins and glitter... just be sure to seal them up good (because we have been known to lose a friend or two when glitter is on the loose) ;)


I want to thank you for stopping in and checking out my projects this week - it has been a blast! 

Did you know if you stop by and let me know with a comment below, you could win some Unity? 

Hope you have a great weekend! 


Peace, Love n' Ink 


Amber

Comments

  1. These cards are beautiful! I came across some 6x8 clear pockets in my stash recently and thought, 'now, why did I buy these?' Aha - I've got my answer! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Amber! Still on my first coffee of the day though… is your whole card inside the glitter pouch? Just the front? How did you seal it? I have questions! It seems I need to experiment some more…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shaker is on the OUTSIDE of the card .... totally sealed up! :) If you watch the video posted it may give you a few clues - the link is above!

      Delete
  3. Glad I am not alone on the shakers. I want to like them. I try to like them. I think they are super fun when they are finished, but every one I have tried involves more cussing that creative crafting. So now… I may just try again. But, with your version instead! Thanks! You had a great week! I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaker cards are really a fun card to create. I learned way back when .... back in the day we used kraft knives and foam board! Then shakers evolved with foam tape and window plastic BUT now they are truly simple with clear envelopes! Your pocket shaker is Super!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you created this shaker. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shaker!
    I not only need to try this style of shaker, but also need to ink up Cheerful Prancing
    So don't be surprised if this card gets cased, as I saved it to my phone, lol
    Great week 😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing all week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this stamp set and love that you embossed it, gonna give it a try. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card . I myself have never made Shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty AND fun! Such an easier version of a shaker with much less swearing involved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect shaker card. Love the "snow" - so perfect for the pretty deer.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness. I love you card. Thanks for sharing your talent this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just going to try a shaker card for some of my Christmas cards--you probably saved me several hours of frustration and I thank you!! Great week of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered that you are this weeks 'girl' What a fantastic card, I love that reindeer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I just thought that Day 3's card was my fave, but THIS one is my favorite!! It is so pretty and really, just stunning! That deer is magnificent, especially in copper (my fave ep color!). And shaker cards are my favorites. IGreat job on your first! And what a fabulous week, tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shaker card, Amber! I love the elegant deer and the pretty shaker bits you used!
    Thanks for a fun GIU week! I've enjoyed all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! BEEEEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL CARD! This has got to be my ultimate favorite card of yours this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That copper embossing on the velum is beautiful! Yes, faux shakers if that's what they are called are the bomb compared to all that layering foam tape. It wasn't for me either! Great week! Thanks for all your inspiring posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card! And it's a shaker! I've enjoyed all your cards this week. So much inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What am absolutely beautiful card! I love shaker cards and I have probably only made two ever. Your card is such a fun interactive card with so much emotion and elegance! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome card! I've made shakers but not one like this and this stamp set is a holiday go to. Thanks for sharing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a great job on your first shaker card! Simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hear you about lack of experience making shaker cards as I have only made a couple. But I must say I love this one you did. I really like that prancing deer image. And everything else added made it even better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts