Friends of Unity Blog Hop - February Sketch

 

Welcome back everyone! It's FINALLY February and we have a fantastic sketch to play with that 

Crystal whipped up for us for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop!


I was challengedby this sketch at first but this is what it inspired me to do!



I knew immediately I wanted to create a book binding fun fold card.... and I used Vintage Ledger from Unity on my light Pool Party base. Very few elements to this card kept things clean and simple: the xoxo and hearts were from a Unity Grab Bag, and the sentiment is from a Kit of The Month from January 2011 (called To The Moon and Back) 
I just used some stiched hearts and a fun little paper clip to finish things off. Easy peasy!

Next!




I was still in a "blue mood" and had an awesome watercolor panel  had created for another long-forgotten project (I still can't remember what I had created it for, HA) 
But I thought it would make for a great backdrop with our lovely ladybug stamp and sentiment Hang in There Lady ... simply stamped and heat embossed on vellum. The washi tape was a good contrast.

I loved our sketch this month and I hope it inspires you to create something as well!

 Did you check out all the stops along the hop? We have some great giveaways this month so be sure to check out the designs! 
did you arrive here from Joyce's Blog? (if not - go back and check it out here!) 

Next up is Robyn! 

Thanks so much for stopping in!


Peace, Love n' Ink


Amber

    




Comments

  1. I love everything about your first amazing card. The patterned hearts with the paperclip on a piece of notebook paper. The xoxo and hearts stamps, I can imagine stamping them in class while listening to a lesson! So much fun! The ladybug card is so sweet. I love that you created it on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic CAS designs using the sketch, Amber! I absolutely love both cards... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are amazing! I can't pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these beautiful CAS cards. They really draw the eye to your focal points. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the CAS look of both cards! Amanda Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the ladybug! And oh my word your first card!! Love love love everything about it!! My favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the uniqueness of your Valentine card and the ladybug card is just so darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Cute, unique and definately has that valentine vibe of school days of years past. Love that old school feeling. The Ladybug is a keeper....screen shot! Precious precious hang in there card I'm sure I will copy. Thanks for the inspiration there! That background is beautiful! I'm learning watercolor and want to try that too. Fun fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovey cards, simple
    and beautiful.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sweet, simple cards... especially the ladybug! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you used washi to hold down the vellum on the lady bug card! Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love washi - I really want to begin to use it more! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  12. I love both of your cards, but that 1st one really struck my fancy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first card took me back to my youth. I want to make a similar card for my husband for Valentine’s Day. Thank you!❤️

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will love that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Love both of these!! Great use.of sketch but both are so different!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, these are just the cutest cards. I love the tiny paper clip holding the two hearts together, and that little ladybug hanging on to the thistle is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Amber! I love, love, love the design on the first one! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You chose some great stamps for this month's challenge. I love that ladybug! She is awesome! You did a fantastic job on this sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful cards! I love how you used the washi tape! I have a bunch and never know what to do with it. now I have an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vintage old school vibe of your valentine card. Just darling. I'm going to case it for sure. And that darling ladybug is precious on vellum. I need to use that more. So fun. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts