Burning Love!

I must be crazy - that's what I keep telling myself.
Here I sit, another day up in my crafting studio (I just fancied it up for you.... its the attic) sweating like I just ran a marathon... AND I DON'T RUN.

I must REALLY love what I do.
That, or I AM crazy. 

We are in a tornado warning to boot.... shouldn't I be cowering down in my basement, in the safety of its cool darkness, sneaking beer from my hubby's fridge in his man cave? 

Instead, I worked hard today, because I am sure I have bitten off more than I can chew. But I'm gonna chew it. I have found another outlet/market for my cards and in order to have stock, I have to work. So here I sat. Many glasses of cold water. And many trips to the bathroom.

I also worked on this card for the latest Can You Case It challenge ... and it WAS a challenge! You would think black and white plus another colour is easy, riiiight? Well...NO! I hated EVERY paper I had today. That's right. Every one. I couldn't find a thing I liked. So... I made my own!






I ended up using some Momento Ink and randomly stamping the flowers from SU's Crazy About You and Flower Patch stamp sets. For the sentiment I used Lovely Amazing You...from the stamp set of the same name. 


And I needed some OOOMPH.... so... I hit that Crushed Curry INK and added a splash of it to the sentiment, along with using the dotted ribbon. Meh. I still wasn't feeling it, so I added some subtle "bling" jewels to the little daisies. 
Sometimes "keeping it simple" makes me crazy. But these challenges are definitely keeping me on my toes. :) and now.....to the basement..... 

Comments

  1. Amber LOVES IT BAD!!!! okay... let me start by saying I mix and match stamps all the time... Please take your crafty stuffs to the basement during the bad weather... I love having you join us... and want it to be that way for a realllllllllllly looooooong time!
    Thanks for risking your life to join us at CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I love this card! Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Great way to do the greeting!! Thanks for playing with Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! No problem stamping simple :) my mom always less "less is more" sometimes... Thanks for joining us at CYCI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts