Freshly Made Sketches - Gnome Peeking!


Happy Sunday!

The weather has also been ridiculously cold here.  (Minus 45. Get real) It allows you no fresh air breaks - because, how do you enjoy living where the air hurts your face? You simply stay inside and find other things to do. It means more crafty time - always a good thing. 

My workspace felt a little like Santa's workshop this week - I was waiting for what felt like forever for this sweet little fella to arrive from Simon Says Stamp - and I confess there are more than a few Christmas cards being sent this year featuring him as the star!




  Isn't he the sweetest??

I have been trying to use up the hoards of paper of Christmas' past - so it's been so fun mixing & matching every different combination to create each of these guys for one-of-a-kind card to fit one-of-a-kind people. 

The paper I used for my gnomie is from Stampin Up! (the paper pack was called Merry Moments.)

I had my SU! Holly Berry punch still sitting on my table and thought I might dress up his sweet little hat. Adorable! 


My Cherry Cobbler cardstock base has some simple stencilling using Tim Holtz' Speckled Layering stencil and some Versamark/white embossing powder. 

Next I added a few dabs of SU!'s Puff paint, and heated it up - I am still learning to work with it - I am finding less is more. A few glittery dots of sparkly Stickles finished off my snowy scene. 

The sentiment is also vintage SU! - Gnomenclature came out the last decade. Doesn't that sound ridiculously old? haha 
I knew keeping it in my stash would come in handy.


I decided to play along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week - the simple sketch fit into my plan perfectly!
thanks so much for stopping by!


Love, Peace n' Ink 

Amber 

https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2019/12/freshly-made-sketches-415-sketch-by.html



Comments

  1. This is such a cute card! My die of that little gnome is on his way to me right now! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love that gnome and he looks so festive in his plaid hat and holly leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect die to use up Christmas paper! He has been on my wish list. Such a cute design! So glad you linked up at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts