Inspired By...Winter!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you have begun to breathe a collective sigh of relief that all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over (for those who celebrate it) 


Our Inspired By cue for this week is Winter -  and we have another 4 months of it here to go.
Alot of lucky people head south for the worst of it (Snowbirds) so I designed this little card for those who may not share enthusiasm to live in a place where the air hurts your face, :)  
It's also a wonderful nod to those in January who may not celebrate Christmas/Christian holidays but may have a birthday or other celebration happening. 



I just love Graciellie Designs digital images! I found them one day while drooling over their collection through Unity... and lo and behold, there was a world of amazing digital stamps/SVG cut images out there as well - they are easy on the wallet (especially after the Holidays....) and... for an impatient gal like moi... there is no stalking the UPS guy... these babies come to you right now. 
Instant gratification. 
They even have digital paper. This girl is hooked.

The image I used is from their Wonderful Winter digi set. It was printed on Canson Watercolor paper (90lb) and then colored with my Zigs... I slightly blended a few colors using my watercolor pen. I wanted to add just a bit of shimmer - so I went into the image with my Wink of Stella pen and some Liquid glass. It is hard to see... but we do have some sweet shimmer happening!
 I found some SU! retired woodgrain paper in my scrap pile for the contrast.


The sentiment from that collection fit perfectly with our cue, and it was simply popped up using dimensionals and boom - this card was done! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow our cue this week and show us how it inspires you! 






Love, Peace n' Ink


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts