Happy Galentines!

Hi everyone, and welcome! I am  so excited to be back with the Scrap n Stamp team! 

I have a fun design for my friend who doesn't have a guy in her life, currently - but I thought I would make this to brighten her day for a day usually reserved for all these coupled up people! (I like to refer to it as Single Awareness Day haha) 




I started out with a cardstock base of crisp cantaloupe - and I grabbed a fabulous stencil from Tim Holtz called Heartstruck and smooshed some TH Distressed Oxide in Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick together to create that background - it was subtle - but I knew most of it would be covered. I grabbed a piece of Bazzil cardstock scrap in a Merlot shade that I had in my scrap bin, and used a small sliver of gold foil to add a bit of pop along the edge.

Next, I grabbed an ephemera piece from Tim Holtz Ideaology Paper Dolls collection and adheared it to the front of the stencilled area of my base. Those vintage ladies look like besties, right?





I inked up the perfect sentiment from My Favorite Things stamp set called Sassy Pants Love (it is seriously the must-have set for making cards for your best girl friends, for real!) I used Versafine ink in Sepia - it has a great vintage feel ..but I also added a bit of "grungy" feel to that white paper my sponging some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper.
The sentiment was popped up and I added some vintage sequins.

This quick & simple card will be sure to brighten her day!

Do you want some of the goodies to create this at home?
Here is the list:
Stamp: My Favorite Things - Sassy Pants Love
Ephemera - Tim Holtz Ideaology -Paper Dolls
Ink: TH Distress Oxides in Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick
Versafine (Sepia)
Stencil: Tim Holtz Heartstruck Layering Stencil
Misc Sequins , Paper

I order from the Scrap n' Stamp Store online - go here!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Peace n Ink




Comments

Popular Posts