Friends of Unity - A Sketch For You!

Hi Unity fans!!

It is time for another Unity Blog Hop - with the Friends of Unity !!

Hard to believe a month has passed - because to me it feels like a year.
March was awful for us all - we need something to ease our minds, and getting inky
is a definite stress reliever for me. I have been making cards to send to friends
far and wide, as we have to social distance more and more. The weather
has been cold and we have had even more snow - so it hasn't been tough to 
stay inside!

Last month - we had SO much fun! In fact - I decided to have a giveaway
for a  couple lucky winners!

So - who could they be?!?!?


Linda S. Vigil!!! Woo hooo! You are one of the lucky winners! Please email me
at ambertrue3@yahoo.com !



Jan Vint!!! Congratulations! Please email me at
ambertrue3@yahoo.com

I can get your prize out to you!


And now for this month's fun!

This month - we have a sketch for you! 



I love using sketches for inspiration!

This one was lot of fun to use!



I had quite a time deciding just what I was to use with this sketch in
mind - but I knew 100% that I wanted to use Angie Blom's Mandala
stamp from the Bohemian Backgrounds kit!
It is my fave to highlight a spot on my cards...and for this design I used
ombre vintage ink and then "kissed" it with a bit of black.... I think it worked nicely!
I had a hard time deciding on which Angie Girl to use - because
I love 'em all! HA! But Quinn Girl was the winner - and I left her uncoloured
on the Naturals White cardstock.


The sentiment was a definite must for this card - it is from the Follow Your Dreams Layers of Life kit. It was just the perfect fit for this card.

The final touch was according to the sketch - just a wee splash of neural ink and some black Nuvo drops.







And then I decided to create a second project with this sketch.




I really wanted to create an encouragement card to  send out to someone - right now...
the WHOLE WORLD needs an encouragement card :)
Life right now is... a bit uncertain ... a bit scary.. and maybe a bit sad.
 So we all need to spread a little light. (That needs to be contagious!)

I used Unity's itty bitty called Lightbulb Moment and heat embossed in clear to give that black ink some SHINE! I fussy cut it and gave it just a hint of Distress Oxide ink in Squeezed Lemonade.

I sponged the background area with more  Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized
 Amber... and used another Layers of Life kit called Time To be Happy Again - Joja kit
to create that fun little "cord" to hang my light from :)


The sentiment is from a grab bag I received - so I have to make you search to find just which kit it actually belongs to! (I know you Unity addicts will be able to find it right away!)

I think its been a lucky thing - I have gotten ALOT of Grab Bags...and I have only ever had 2 duplicates!

I layered everything with a touch of vellum and a  black card base.


I added just a touch of Gold FSJ Silks splash and some drops  (I really wish you could see all that shimmer!)


I hope this gave you even just a little inspiration to keep on making pretty things... keep on finding your "one thing"... and keep looking for the light, friends!

Be sure to check out all the stops along the Hop!

Crystal

Eileen 

Dawn B

Amber (THAT'S ME!)

Next up:

Kim

Dawn F.

Robyn

Jeanie

Alaine

Bobbie Sue


Be sure to let be know you stopped by - leave a comment - say HI!


Love, Peace n' Ink


Comments

  1. Amber, I have been a HUGE fan of yours from the very beginning. Your cards are just fantastic. These are certainly no exception! I love that you used a stamp as your background!! Gaahh I gotta do that! The light bulb card is perfect for your desire to spread light during this time. Thank you. I agree the WHOLE world needs an encouragement card! If only we could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards, the first one is so pretty and soothing, the second, provides a bright light and a great support message, thank you for brightening my morning Hugs over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these are beautiful! I love the Quinn girl! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of these beautiful cards! It will definitely be using this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber, love these cards, and am excited about the sketch, will play with that this weekend. Thank you so much for selecting me as a winner! I am so excited!!! Will email you directly. Thanks for the wonderful post. So funny, not much by duplicates to speak of in my freebies and grab bags. Once, I did receive a stamp and sentiment together in a grab bag from a kit high on my wishlist (kit had jumped in and out of my cart a few times, those stamps knew they were destined for Casa Vigil) So, I will enjoy the freebies until I buy the kit, and then I will pass those 2 from the full kit on to someone else!:) (pretty sure there are butterflies in the kit that your sentiment came from!) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured the sketch design very well with both of your cards. I like how you stamped the background on the first card and then layered Quinn Girl on top of it. They go well together. Very smart idea on the cord for the lightbulb. I have that LOL kit and use it for borders, but your idea tops that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amber. Love both cards but the light balb has to be my favorite. Now I have to get that stamp. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Both cards
    are uplifting and love
    the lightbulb card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, outstanding cards, Amber! I absolutely love how you so perfectly offset your images with the backgrounds in both cards. But the first card
    ... is so stunningly original... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! ❤️ Love the lightbulb card!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second one is my favourite, but both are great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lightbulb card is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the simple colors you chose for your cards! both are amazing. I've had my eye on the girl with the feathers in her hair. I do have the light bulb so I am def inspired by that!! amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you made the nuvoo so small, it's perfect like that, I love both cards the first one is my fav it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the simplicity of both cards! Great sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Thanks for sharing these wonderful cards and for inspiring us to make beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both cards, but the one with Quinn girl is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you didn't color her up. She really pops against the mandala stamp background. Perfect! Love the sentiments on both cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Amber!! I love that you used the mandala stamp for your background on the first card... brilliant!! The sentiment and lightbulb on your second card are perfection!! So inspiring and fitting for the current time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards especially the light bulb! agree that it is hard to chose between the Angie girls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards. The light bulb card is so pretty with the yellow glow. I have this stamp so I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That light bulb card is BRILLIANT! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards Amber! Love the subtlety of girl uncolored on the gold tones of the mandala. Are all the flecks built into the paper or did you add a few more? The light bulb was beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great take on the sketches. I love the minimal use of colors, the stamped images really take the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous cards and that's a wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both amazing! I LOVE that light bulb and your Angie Girl!!! The splatters are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing your cards. I especially like the one with the light bulb specially in these trying times

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoa, Amber!!
    You owned this sketch! I absolutely LOVE both cards!
    Then I saw the first card, I literally said WHOA!!!
    I love your style my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing cards! Love both sentiments. LOVE that bohemian set, one of my favs and love it behind the angigirl. Just a perfect combo. And great color combo on your second card and the use of vellum. Nice detail. I have to play with that more. Just wonderful. Stay safe and warm. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved both your cards, but the light bulb one really popped. How do you remember what sentiment belongs to what kit and which one to use? That's the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards! You are creative and your work is awesome!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  31. Goodness, your cards are fabulous! I love the Mandela background- looks a pinch like angel wings : ) And, your light card is so beautifully colored, nice and bright- and very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh, I love the sketchy images that you used, and that monochromatic design is so simple and yet so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great cards! Love the images you used! The light bulb with the yellow glow looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. How amazing that you can use only a few colors and make such an impact with your card designs. LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts