Friends of Unity - May 2020 Blog Hop


Hello friends! Can you believe May is here already? I can honestly say I couldn't wait to see the end of April - its been a long hard month. 
But I am happy to be here today to share with you my very quick design I created for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop!

This month - we are sharing something special with you.... 

our favorite Angie Girl (or Guy!) 



Did you happen to hop over here from Eileen's blog? If not...you can check out what she designed for you this month  HERE

I have always loved Angie's "girls"  - especially the ones that leave a little mystery - so I picked my ultimate fave.... Harmony Girl.


I created a slimline card so that I could use her entire image - this really is a great stamp for that measurement! I inked her up with Versafine and lightly sponged around her with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Black Soot - I wanted to highlight that umbrella so I also used just a pop of color with some Fired Brick distress ink. 
I simply layered this panel over a pice of silver cardstock - it adds just a bit of shine. It was then added to a Basic Black cardstock base, and finished off with silver cord from my stash.
Simple and lovely - I will create a special envelope to send this wonderful card off to someone going through a bit of a trying time right now.

Thank you for stopping by - and please be sure to head over to Bobbie Sue's blog!

Love, Peace n' Ink

Comments

  1. Amazing card. It makes me wonder why Harmony girl never makes it into my cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the deets on how to get the look of this card. Great card. I am going to try this pop of color on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Harmony is one I don’t have but adding her to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this slim line card. I’m going to have to try one. Beautifully done with the pop of color with the umbrella ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this slim line card. I’m going to have to try one. Beautifully done with the pop of color with the umbrella ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I’ve been wanting to try the slim cards, but only used to A2. Gotta get out of my comfort zone. Thank you for sharing the details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple and lovely this card is. I think she’s one of the few I don’t own. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity! And pop of color. Inspired me to go make a slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great choice for your favorite! She was one of my first Angie girls. Love her in the slimline format. I've usually done her on 5x7 format so this is a great idea! Thanks for inspiring us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harmony Girl is one of my favorite AngieGirls. Great idea on making a slimline card for this image. She fits it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!! She's one of my favorites, too!!
    Love the pop of red! Very eye catching! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple but absolutely stunning!! I love Harmony Girl and this slimline card is the perfect way to feature her!! Love love love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, and such a beautiful image too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber I live Harmony and don't know how I don't have her yet, either. Your card is perfect and really sets the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous!! And I love that it's a slimline card as I an so happy they have made a comeback lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you didn’t color her but completely let her shine in midst of the storm. Truly amazing concept and gorgeous card, my friend. 💙😘

    ReplyDelete
  17. So simple and perfect!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you've added just a pop of color to the umbrella to brighten the rainy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool film noir look with that pop of red!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool design! I love the pop of color on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the effect you used! Perfect for this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card. I have this stamp, but have not inked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just a beautiful card, my friend!!! One of my favorite girls too! I love the slimline design, the grays, the silver cardstock, and just a pop of color. It's amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love seeing these ideas of leaving them uncolored. Sometimes that is what I have time for!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That pop of red was perfect! I absolutely love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty. I like how you highlighted the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  27. stunning card. one of my favourites to create with

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that you only added color to the umbrella. really cool

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely stunning! Love how you added just a pop of color. The silver cord really compliments your design.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is stunning! I LOVE a pop of color on a what I call a mysterious background! The twine is a wonderful way to carry the eye up the slimline. Great card! Thanks and please continue to stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! Love the coloring on this pretty Angie girl scene!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that little pop of color. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card... you are so talented at creating a mood to your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow - this is AMAZING! That sky is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  35. that stamp is perfect for slimline :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts