Friends of Unity January Blog Hop - Black & White


Happy New Year, everyone!

Hindsight really *is* 2020 ...

It is the 1st Saturday of January - a new month... and a new year.... and while I don't make resolutions, I have made some promises to myself that I want to follow through with going into this new year. 

I am going into it with intention and gratitude - always!

To kick off another year of showcasing Unity stamps with our Blog Hop...this month's theme has ALWAYS been a challenge - Black and White!

 

Image may contain: stripes, text that says 'JANUARY 2021 BLOG HOP BLACK & WHITE FRIENDS OF UNITY'


I actually shocked myself with this month's creativity - while some months I struggle in designing ONE card.... this month I feel a little like I am "oversharing" ... I have a few things that I have been working on... 



My first design was a duo of cards using Unity's stamp set called Wishing and Wishing, by artist Lisa Glanz. These adorable little ones were one of the last sets I ordered before the New Year... and I have lots of plans to use them through 2021.. I can't wait :) 


I had an idea to create some simple "scribble" border ... but no matter how I tried it just looked messy. So I dug out a great border set from a past LOL set called Time to Be Happy Again. I totally admire Jolande's style and how she adds that element to her cards!

There was some simple grey shading added to the image with my Spectrum Noir markers - but it really was just a bit of Nuvo drops in clear and black that were added to both cards. 



For my next design I decided to go for something light and fun - I love all the humourous sets Unity has (and the After Dark ones too). Right now we all need a bit of laughter and cards are about the cheapest "pick-me-up" you can give to lift up someone's spirits! 



Aren't these fun?? This sentiment kit called Frankly Said is a hoot - it has some down right hilarious sentiments for your besties. The paper I chose is what makes these simple no image cards shine.


We all have friends who have been through some stuff.... 


There's a card for that. 




I can't wait to create some more designs with this set. It is alot of fun!







Next up - my final design for this month's Black and White cue - 



I played around with an idea of the dramatic white on black look, and I came up with this - using my Stamp Perfect platform to be able to go over the same image repeatedly after I had heat embossed the sentiment in clear. (You can find it in the Scattered Pieces stamp set).

This feather is from a SMAK kit from years gone by called Moments Like These - and this card was almost scrapped because its still not exactly what I envisioned - but I liked the dramatic feel of it. 


I hope you enjoyed checking out what I created this month for you on our Blog Hop - it is always so much fun seeing just how unique all of the participants' designs are... and Bobbie Sue is no exception.... she truly inspires me with every card she creates :) She is up next!

 You can see what she inked up over here. :) 


Love, Peace n' Ink






Comments

  1. They are all wonderful. I love the scribble borders and forgot I had that set and your last card is wonderful and very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are all great cards! Love those mousies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing array of cards displayed here! I love each one!!, and what a way to end it with the feather!!
    Just amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you shared all the cards you created! I'm so inspired by each of them... I must get inky today!! My fave is the adorable mice cards... though your last card is fabulous, and actually I adore the Frankly Said kit... hmmm... they are all my faves! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, I think I like the first set the best - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wishing cards are adorable and I like the bold feather one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've shared a fantastic range of black and white designs! You definitely nailed this theme with your lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so much fun. Love that little mouse. Love the doodled borders, too. And I am all for the card that makes you laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the feather card
    and the first two! This
    black and white looks
    fabulous.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet images with the mice! Great b&w cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the cards! The mice are adorable, and the sentiments are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cards!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mice cards - just the simplicity of the black & white!! The last card with the feather - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you were really on a roll here. I love the black and white designs, and those little mice have my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are all great. I also love that border stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of these....and now I need that border stamp. Off to add it to the (already long) wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all so fabulous! I really love the mice cards...absolutely darling. I love how we both used a doodle stamp. Actually I was looking for the set you used but time was of the essence so I went with one in a KOTM. And your last card, WOW! It's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I oohed and awwed over all of these and laughed over a few of them too. These are great cards - my favorite is the last one - I just love that sentiment, and the way you've accented the tips of the feather makes it look like the light is just shining on it as it floats out of the night and into the day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! I love the mice - especially Dream Big!

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg, you definitely didn't over share. I love each and every card. I am going to go up to my craft room and make some black and white cards right now. I love the mice cards, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these, black and white is one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you were sure busy creating some absolutely gorgeous cards! I really love all of the different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful set of cards. Love the mice, just darling. And those funny sentiments are awesome! Great stamps and designs. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy New Year, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice!! I’m going to try some BW cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh the bold black and white are really fun, then the sentiments... tee hee. The first is darling, the little mice are so cute! And I agree, no resolutions for me either, just try to do my best every day with every situation. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all great cards! Thanks for all of the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your cards! The mice are adorable! The divorce card is great and I really like the feather card! So many ideas using black and white! You all are so creative. Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these Amber! I just got the adorable mice and you inspired me to ink them up!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You shared so many wonderful black and white cards this month. Those mice are perfect for black and white, for sure! Thanks for the snark as it always appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts