Friends of Unity Blog Hop - February 2021

 Hi everyone!

We are caught in a polar vortex here in my corner of the world. It's not nearly as sexy as it sounds....trust me. It is minus 48 with the wind this weekend. That's right ....  minus. 

So my craft room will DEFINITELY be the place to be to escape the winter chill! 

This month my friends and I are playing with paper piecing! 

Did you arrive here via Rachel's blog? That is awesome We are SO excited to have her join us! (If you want to go back and check out her awesome project ---- you can find it here! 


I have a couple projects I would like to share with you! I went clean and simple this month...


First up, a sweet little Valentine for you, using My Little Lamb...I had some perfect pink plaid to use for this design - and I simply colored the stamped image with my Spectrum Noir markers. 

Those little details can add a punch of color to your project! 



Next up - I chose to play with Daisy Girl and stencil a bright fun background around her. I love her fun short hairstyle  ;) 

Paper piecing is so much fun - there's a ton of creative options out there and its fun to change it up... our Angie Girls have fantasic wardrobes - I am a wee bit envious ! 


Next up is Dawn B! She has been busy in her crafty space designing something fantastic for you!

Be sure to check it out here. 


Thanks so much for stopping by - be sure to leave some love below !


Peace, Love n'Ink



Comments

  1. Beautiful cards, Amber! Adore the sweet lamb... that touch of pink plaid is perfection! Daisy girl is one of my faves so I love love love your fab card featuring her! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that precious lamb, Amber, but that second card just moves me right into Spring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card with the little lamb! I like the simple piecing you did with the bow. Daisy Girl is looking pretty smart with the paper piecing and the beautiful coloring and stenciling you did to accent her look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little lamb, and beautiful spring card! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards but that adorable little lamb is so sweet and cute!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects! The bow on the lamb is a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not even comprehend -48 degrees!! Love your cards - that lamb is so sweet! And yes, I too am envious of the AngieGirls wardrobes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it goes past -30 it all feels the same LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you Amber for your warm welcome to this talented group. I am so excited! I love your sweet lamb card so much. The plaid paper pieces are perfect for this cutie and it takes me back to my childhood of a stuffed dog I had with a plaid bow! The angled layers are really great with the plaid heart accents and string. Your Daisy girl card is adorable too. Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the MINUS, but It did make this Michigan girl feel a bit better about being Zero. Lovely cards. Very precious lamb... ewe did a very sweet piecing. AngieGirl is beautiful, and the piecing really makes her wardrobe gorgeous, wonderful choice of print. And... wonderful coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot imagine how cold that would be!
    Your cards are so cute, I especially love the little lamb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards! I really love the style of each card! Now I am going to have to try paper piecing for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lamb is too precious for words! And both cards are really pretty. Love the soft stencil work you did on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber both cards are awesome, but that little lamb stole my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable cards, especially the lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your cards! I have both of these sets... thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bright and cheery cards...just perfect on a cold, overcast day like today. I agree about the Angie girls wardrobe...endless variety of outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling cards and
    I love the second one!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and pretty. I like the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the paper pieced details on your cards! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards Amber! That lamb is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards Amber. So. California girl, so I can barely fathom 48°, let alone -48°....stay warm and healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The plaid bow tho...I love it. Love the background you created on your second card. I must use stencils more. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Lamb - I have this stamp set and it is so large and intimidating to "color", love the idea to paper piece it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sweet, I just love this lamb. Bows are the perfect thing to accent with patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a darling lamb card. That plaid and colors are perfect. And great colors and patterns for your Daisy girl card. Just wonderful cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great technique of the stenciled background. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts