Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Patterned Paper

 


Hi everyone!!! No April Fool's day joke here - it's time for another Blog Hop!

My friends and I are playing with patterned paper this month - Alaine was working on something fun (if you are just jumping in right now - you need to check it out - you can find her HERE)

I had a blast with our cue.... because I am a paper JUNKIE!
   This month's blog hop inspiration was right up my alley because it inspired me to CHOP and don't STOP... I was on fire! 
Normally my hoarding skills are strong when it comes to my patterned paper (it's too pretty to cut - do you hear yourself saying that too?)  Well - this month I encourage you to check out all of the amazing inspiration we have for you and cut your stash! 

This is likely the. longest.blog post. ever. 
Because once I got started I just wanted to keep on creating! But I am sharing three (ish)  of my fave creations I worked on for this Hop. Buckle up! 



First up, I needed to give someone a gift - and I thought what better than a set of cards to give away?
I created this fast handmade gift set using one of my FAVORITE Unity Sentiment kits called ...let your wishes fly! 





This set of 6 cards used some beautiful paper I had in my stash (and with winter going on it's 6th month here - GREEN was a welcome sight) - wink! 




It is "busy" paper - so I balanced that with alot of white space. 

I kept it simple using the same card measurements and mixing my colors that coordinates with my paper - including some fun foliage cut with dies - but I kept them relatively flat as mailing them is costly when they have some bulk to them. 

  



 The sentiment kits are a GREAT way to customize an entire "set of cards" quite quickly - especially sticking to the same card sketch! I love them! 





Next up - this fast and simple card design! I love this soft and pretty paper - it really has a rustic/vintage vibe and I thought my Graciellie stamp called Simply Blessed coordinated with it perfectly. It was as easy as stamping that sweet image on vellum and adding just a hint of color with some alcohol markers.
 

I popped up the sentiment layer and added just a few embellishments. 
That vellum layer doesn't disappoint when combined with that patterned paper. 



Finally my last project for this month's Hop. This was SO much FUN! 




I told you I was busy - this paper had me hooked! 
I am OBSESSED with the bold pattern paper  offered at Unity called Botanical Dreams and Island Bliss!




It pairs perfectly with the stamp sets I colored up called Fresh Start, One Sip at a Time, and Tea Cup Floret! 




This "fun fold" card is using that gorgeous coffee to go mug from One Sip At a Time and the sentiment is from another Unity treasure called Coffee Queen! 



I had so much fun coloring these images, and the circle card I created is going to also be included with a gift  for a special someone (a coffee lover, of course !) 


I added a splash of craft ink in a strip of black cardstock,  and colored up all of these images with my Copics. 


That bold black paper is definitely perfect for a tropical theme/summer card design - there is alot to choose from in the paper packs - it was hard to decide, so I know I am going to create even more
(but I am sure you are worn out - this is ALOT, so I will save them for a Show n Tell session another day) 😉 


 Pattern paper does all the work for you - I love creating backgrounds - don't get me wrong. But If you love your stash of paper - chop it! You won't regret it! 

Our Hop is so much fun this month - thank you for stopping in to see me - be sure to leave some love in the comments below to let me know you stopped by - I may have a little treat to give away this month ;) 


Next up on the Hop is Eileen! You don't want to miss her designs this month! 


Peace, Love n Ink


Amber

Comments

  1. Such beautiful cards! Colors on all of them are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful
    cards! Fabulous ways
    to use the patterned
    papers.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe over your beautiful cards! The first set is so refreshing and just gorgeous pattern paper with your creative ideas for the amazing spray of foliage on the top half of the card. The second card is so vintage and rustic with the vellum added over the top pattern paper. I just bought vellum and now I am so inspired! Your final cards are vibrant displays of pure joy. the way you designed each card with the images is fantastic. I am adding paper packs to my Unity wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Rachel - I love those paper packs - i can't wait to play with them again!

      Delete
  4. I cant tell you how many times I see cards and think gift set and these were no exception! Gorgeous gift! The vellum card is also my favorite, I need a sympathy card and this will be perfect! Thanks for that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! You have been so busy. I love all of your cards, but especially the last bright colourful set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Glennis - I think that's my fave too!

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Amber!! You went nuts with all your cards and they are GORGEOUS!!! Love them all! I seriously can't pick a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty cards! I love them all, but the circle card is my favorite. I love shaped cards like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such beautiful cards, I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. They are all so beautiful! I love your use of bd patterns. I sometimes shy away from them as I am not sure how to make them work! But yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Robin! :) I am not the best creating backgrounds - so every once in awhile when I find a great patterned paper I put it to work. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. What a great stop! You have created so many nice cards! I have the Simply Blessed stamp set and I love how you used it! I also love the bright colors with the black background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful cards are just blowing me away! It's no wonder you are hooked on that Botanical Dreams and Island Bliss paper collection because it's to die for. Your choice of colors and amazing technique combine to wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love ❤️ the vellum card! The patterned paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card gift set is so gorgeous! Lucky recipient of the gift, and whoever the cards get sent to as well. Your use of patterned paper is just exquisite and I'm looking at some of mine now in a new way. Loving the way you used vellum on the second card as well, and your tropical cards caught my eye immediately. You took this challenge and ran with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! The gift set is gorgeous - love the colors and designs. Stamped image on vellum is a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how many cards you made using patterned paper. I have a lot of paper I need to use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! I love the papers you chose and the pretty images!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Gorgeous cards. I also hate to chop up my paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard, right??? thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Just stunning cards! Great patterns, stamps, and designs. Love them all!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Amber! These are all so gorgeous! Your circle card is so beautiful! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That set of cards you made is stunning! What a wonderful gift! The circle card is such a great idea and it works so perfectly with the coffee theme of the card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing cards! I love the set with the white to balance the patterned paper. I really love the round coffee card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts