Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Holidays!

 Hi everyone! 

I am so excited to be back  - it's my favorite time of the month - another Blog Hop with the Friends of Unity! 

If you arrived here from April's blog post - welcome! If you are just starting out at my blog - y'all need to see what she designed for us this month! Please go back and check out her blog here! 


August always flies by sooo fast. Before you know it, summer is over around here (September begins to have a chill in the air!) So when I saw this cue, I was inspired to create using - you guessed it: summer-themed holidays... sandy beaches.. sunshine and all that good stuff! Summer holidays are short so we stuff alot of living in those 2.75 months of decent weather here ;) 


But Christmas is still in the back of my mind so ... with all these fantastic Unity sales happening lately I stopped a few more stamps to add to my stash. I needed to pull out one of my favorites before all the new goodies come and I begin to play with the "fun stuff" :) 


I had a row of water-colour trees that I had punched from last year and it was hiding in a scrap bin (but too good to throw out for EXACTLY a moment like this) - a simple card created with a sentiment from Unity's Believe In The Magic set and a wee bit of sparkle were added. 

It was so simple and fun - I had to create another ;) 
This time I tried to watercolor a bit of shimmery Northern Lights in the sky behind it. These simple little notecards were beyond easy and I didn't feel like I was going into full-on Christmas mode. (You could so easily swap out that holiday sentiment for any occasion!) 









Next up, a fun watercolor card with a nod to travelling - this Angie Girl called Adventure Girl was perfect to play with for this month's cue. I colored her with my Zig realbrush watercolor markers and used a fun die from Pinkfresh for the border edging. The sentiment is from a past KOTM called Wonder (11/19) and the map on the background layer is actually a vellum overlay from SU!  - it was perfect! 



My final card for this month is all about soaking' up the sunshine  - and this vintage gal from Unity is called Look Out Beaches ;) Jessica Pickerel designed her and she is SO fun! I simply used a stencil and masked off the image to give a bit of background, using Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides. I definitely will be using this color combo alot more often. 

Thanks so much for checking out my holiday-themed cards and you really need to see the the inky inspiration up next from Rachel! She can be found here! 


Peace, Love n' Ink

Amber 








Comments

  1. Ohhh... loving your take on the cue this month, Amber!! I adore your Christmas cards... so simply sweet and beautiful! Your Adventure Girl card is perfection! And the vintage beach gal card is amazing! Love the stencil and colors! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards, love the beach one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first card
    and all are nicely done.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love your coloring! As well as your wonderful designs and stencil work and inking. Love how colorful the 'travel' card is. (Here in So. FL, I think we have 11.5 months of summer! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are beachy and beautiful. I recently made a sympathy card with suitcases and your card is absolutely gorgeous and warmly remembered the sweetheart who passed into Glory. Thanks for the smile. Beautiful beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Loved the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I love the travel-themed images on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those trees & fantastic watercoloring on your other card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amber your cards are amazing! That 2nd one Adventure Waiting is AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun assortment of cards, and a unique take on the holidays theme as well. That CAS Christmas design with the line of trees really caught my eye, and the vintage beach one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cards! Nice take on holidays, not expected.❤️

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty and cute variety of holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your watercoloring! Great cards!! Great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber, these are all so pretty! I love the stenciled background on the beach card. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your take on this month's theme. Your cards are all so wonderfully made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts