Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Anything But a Card

 Welcome back to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! Crystal kicked off our cue with a bang! (if you want to go back to check out just what she created for us this month, you can find here HERE.) 



No fibs over here.... this month I struggled, friends.... Anything BUT a card?! That's a tough one! 

This cue had me spinning my wheels but eventually I buckled down and created a wee bit of inspo for you.  I hope you try using your Unity stamps to create something that is not a card too! 












I actually did create something non-card related this month that I gave you a peek of in our Unity Show & Tell group on Facebook.

This sweet little bookmark was a little project I made a couple weeks ago - I have been ridin the struggle bus hard in terms of finding my mojo since the weather here has been so amazing! I  just went home one day while on lunch break from my "real job" and decided to make this to add to a gift for a friend. (She's a bookworm!)
















I had a scrap of watercolor paper and simply added color to mimic a watermelon - it's as simple as that! ;) 
The sentiment is from a kit of the month from June 2017 called Time to Enjoy Life.

It's amazing how good it felt to make something small like this bookmark to brighten someone's day.

I had alot of fun moving on to a more "Fall" themed project next! 


This fun little tag was an addition to these treat holders I created for my grandson to take for Halloween. (I know its a bit early - but they have to be mailed -empty- to my daughter. She lives on the Coast and everything moves a bit slower here ;) 
















These treat holders fit a mini chocolate bar in them - perfect for trick or treaters!

 I used my Unity Make a Tag Dies and stamped the cute little itty bitty called Pumpkin Greetings. ( I masked the wee bit of bottom shadow from the image as I just wanted the pumpkins.)  I colored them up using my Copics (these were easy to color which was a bonus, because I made 25 of them!) 


I wanted a different sentiment and I found the perfect one in my sentiment kit from Unity called Halloween Chatter - it's an old but a goody! 

Once my daughter fills them up with candy, they just need to be attached with that fun lime green wire! My grandson will be Halloween party-ready!


Finally I had one more gift to give this month, so I thought of another great idea using my Unity goodies! 



Let's Get SIP Faced is one of my all time favorite Unity sets, and I created not just one but two wine tags using it. I repeat stamped that image to  create the background and colored the bottles up with my Zig real brush markers. 
















The wine tag die is very well loved and I have made tags with my Unity stamps many times for girlfriends, and this cue was right on time for a housewarming gift! 


Thanks so much for stopping here - and do check out all the stops along the Hop! 

Next up is my friend Kim! She has something fabulous to show you HERE!


Peace, Love n Ink


Amber


Comments

  1. Super cute ideas, Amber!!
    Loving the little boxes and pumpkin tag....I never thought of a wine tag! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these tags. That watermelon tag is pure perfection. Everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watermelon tag is a definite favorite!! Wine tags are on my list for this year! Love these...but the green twisty trims on the pumpkin tags are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the tags, the bookmark for your friend and I especially love the wine tags. You're pretty clever having lost your mojo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your mix of tags and bookmarks, Amber! That watermelon bookmark is deliciously perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great ideas here Amber, I love the 'sweet' bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pumpkin treat bags, I'll bet she will really love your making them and bet the kiddos will enjoy putting them together, filling them, and maybe testing the stuffins. Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tags! The watermelon one is amazing and I want to try this! Your coloring on the pumpkin tag is awesome. The wine tags are so adorable and fun. I am going to also try this. It adds an extra special touch when taking a bottle of wine to a friend's home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your projects!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! Love the wine bottle tags & the watermelon! Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are all so much fun! I can't believe you struggled with ideas. They all came out perfectly. I love the little treat box - love making Halloween projects like this to give out to the kiddos (we had about 80 last year!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gift ideas! Love those little pumpkin tags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cute ideas
    and the pumpkin tags
    are fabulous.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects! The bookmark is so cute, and the treat boxes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects!!
    I LOVE the watermelon bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the design and colors on your fun bookmark, and all the tags are awesome! The little treat boxes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your projects, especially the watermelon bookmark! I'm not an artist, but I think I could do that, so thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohmigoodness, those little treat boxes and tags are ADORABLE!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    You've inspired me to make some wine bottle tags to have on hand for gifting this upcoming holiday season!! Thanks.

    - Doreen @ whereisyourhappyplace@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE all your projects, but that book mark is amazingly creative! It is so pretty! The gift tag is so cute and fun. Your wine tags are perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts