Glitter and Glitz - Friends of Unity Blog Hop

 



Hello everyone! 

It's the final month of 2022 and I have to say.... what the heck was that? ;) 

This year has been a whirlwind of change, and ups and downs... I am looking forward to the New Year! 


This month Friends of Unity are celebrating FIVE YEARS of Blog Hopping - can you believe it? 

It was December of 2017 when a group of Unity lovers decided to get together monthly and share our love of Unity Stamps, and the FOU Blog Hop was born!

The very first post I created for the Blog Hop back then actually shares a bit of  similarity in our theme this month... Glitter and Glitz! Here is that very first Blog Hop creation! 


Cheerful Prancing has always been a fave of mine! (BTW, if you want the deets on this card you can go to the original post here.

To celebrate with us, Unity has been incredibly generous this month and to celebrate this 5 year milestone, they are offering a GIVEAWAY of three $25 gift certificates! The winners will be chosen by Dec 10th and announced on Crystal's Blog Dec 11th!  

How do you get in on this?

Visit each Blog and leave us some love in the comments - if you let us know you stopped by you have a chance of winning a bit of Unity $$ to spend (buy yourself somethin' nice!) 

The holidays will soon be here. It's a magical fun time to add sparkle to cards and with that as inspiration, here is my first design for you!


I inked up Eve Girl - one of my fave Angie Girls! I colored her with my Copics and wanted to focus on that image, so what better way than using one of Unity's Holiday Shoppe goodies - the Thermo Web Deco Frames in Gold! All that sparkle and shimmer in the photo frame is a great way to frame an image on a card (I love that they come in 3 sizes too!) The Deco frames are self adhesive (BONUS, right?) but for this card design I decided to pop it up, and add the sentiment to the bottom. 



Next up, I kept it simple by using one of my recent purchases during the Brown Thursday Sale - Feliz Navidad!  The whimsical little trees were so much fun to color, and this was all simply layered on some Sizzix shimmer paper in non-traditional pink. I wish you could see the shimmer I added with a Wink of Stella on the trees - it's so pretty! This little set of stamps packs a big punch - and I love the block sentiments - I think this set will be a favorite for years to come! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to let me know you dropped in - leave some love in the comments below and you could win a gift certificate courtesy of Unity stamps this month!

Crystal kicked things off this month - if you would like to see her fabulous glittery designs, head over to her Blog here!

Next up is Dawn B's design! You can check it out here! 


Peace, Love n' Ink 


Amber 

Comments

  1. That Cheerful Prancing card is gorgeous! I love that stamp set too. I love the shimmer on all of your cards! Those little trees are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shimmery cards, The 'cheerful prancing' is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Both are expertly colored, love the shimmery whimsical trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Cheerful Prancing card!! So gorgeous! Eve Girl is a beaut... I love how you highlighted her with the photo frame. Your tree card is so cute! Love all the glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shiny frame around the girl and the snow in the background! Congrats on being a FOU girl for 5 whole years! You gals are always so inspiring and this is my favorite hop that I always look forward to and never miss! Love your first card from 5 years ago too by the way with that classic stamp set Cheerful Prancing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your five years!! Lots of great ideas and talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 5 years
    of beautiful cards!
    Do love the Prancing
    Deer card.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your Angie Girl and that deer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are just lovely! I have always loved a 'polaroid' design so I really adore that card. Congrats on 5 years and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects! What a fun hop! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How time flies! Congrats on 5 years and thank you for sharing your beautiful Unity creations ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love both of your cards. I think the Feliz Navidad is my fav. Those trees are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty and cute cards. I like the colors and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cards you created! Eve Girl is so pretty, and I love the coloring and framing too! Your card with the trees is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are all so beautiful. What a fabulous deer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely designs! I love any card with Unity gals and the pink and green is so pretty on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheerful prancing is one of my go to holiday stamps! For all the things, the deer, the sentiments they are timeless! But omg the one with the frame?!? I had no idea what to do with them, so I'm absolutely pulling them out!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards a beautifully festive! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 5th Anniversary! I love that you pulled up your very fist post. Cheerful Prancing is one of my favs and I love what you’ve done with it. The colors you chose for your tree card are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That comment right above is mine. Kelly Brillhart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts