Growing In Unity - Tuesday: Beautiful One

 Welcome back! 

It's Day Two of my week playing with my Unity stamps and getting to be a Growing In Unity girl and (hopefully!) inspiring you! 


Anyone who has been a Unity fan for awhile knows all about the amazing Angie girls that Angie Blom has created throughout the years. Their unique look makes me feel a little like this is the adult version of the Paper Dolls we used to get to play with as little girls. (Boom. yes - I just dated myself.) 

This Angie girl was originally part of a KOTM from June 2016 called Beautiful One. If you are looking to find just the image, Unity also released it as a stand alone babe and that set is called Proud Of You Girl. The  sentiment can be found in a stamp set called Flutters to Go. :)  

When I say I love clean and simple (my Day one card) this is polar opposite. A little texture/mixed media vibe was needed. 

Supplies used: Brick Stencil (Tim Holtz), texture paste

TH Spray Stains in Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap Old Paper 

TH Ink: Tea Dye

This background was a labour of love and I simply layered splashes of stain and muted it with sprays of water. Once I was happy with the result I added the texture paste with the stencil (the background was still slightly wet, and that's where the texture paste grabbed the color)

I inked up the Angie girl with Memento ink and colored her with Copics. She was then fussy cut to layer on top of the dry background. 

Ang, Whit and all of the wonderful people at Unity work SO hard to keep creating beautiful images to design cards with. They literally go above and beyond to keep our crafty hearts happy. They are so giving, and there is a Unity gift card for a lucky visitor this week so be sure to let me know you were here in the comments below!! 

Tomorrow is hump day! See you again ;) 

Peace Love n' Ink 

Amber 

Comments

  1. What a creative way to use this stencil with texture paste. I honestly haven't seen this as a stencil, a embossing folder yes. Day two that you've given me something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card! ❤️ is the type of mixed media I like. It has many elements and yet is kinda simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pretty lady against that brick - striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lady in red is stunning! Her dress has such silky sheen and your background is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card... love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!The texture really adds to the classiness of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background blew me away! That is a work of art in itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brick wall! Wow! And to fussy cut her hair...Definitely a labor of love. Striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love that background you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love that textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhh. I love this! Gorgeous and very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background Amber. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love how you created this background! Angie girls are what drew me to Unity in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning - the card, the BG & the Angie Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the texture and colors! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She’s amazing!! The background is perfect for her as a backdrop!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love love your grungy brick background! Perfect to show off that great gal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts