Say It! All About the Sentiment - Friends of Unity Blog Hop!


 
Hi friends! 

I feel like January lasted FOREVER (I swear it has 2723 days in it!) Maybe it's because 
it usually is the coldest month here (this year it wasn't - it was SO mild
 and enjoyable) We had another visit of cold weather this past week. Hope it's going to be behind us soon.
But February is FINALLY here and so is my favorite thing about the beginning of every month - our Friends of Unity Blog Hop! 

As always, Crystal kicked off our Hop with some great cards and our theme this month is SAY IT! 
(Did you miss Crystal's Blog? You can check it out here.

I just love that there is literally a card for everything. I. Mean. Everything. 
If you wanna say it, Unity has a stamp for that. (and for those who need a little snark, you can even cross over to the Dark side and visit Unity's alter ego, Edgy - but that's a whole other topic!)
;) 

This month we want to inspire you with focusing on the sentiment - so here is what I designed with our theme in mind! 


I laughed about this card for a few reasons. I actually made it back in December - and Crystal created the graphic for this month's theme and my immediate response was "my card resembles the graphic"! 

But it was a fun and simple card to make! 


I inked up Jot It Down - a great background stamp that is big enough to make a card front. I just needed a bit - and that coil notebook edge is courtesy of an old punch I had in my stash! I distressed the edges and pulled out a Sentiment kit called Sometimes I Wonder - and this sentiment was perfect (admittedly it's well-loved - I used it alot!) 
I decided to distress all those little scrap paper layers, and finally just inked up that sweet little flower in white craft ink (sorry, friends - it from a Grab bag score - I can't pinpoint what Unity set it is from. But bonus points for anyone who can!) 

I was happy how easy this one was - I am a paper scrap hoarder - I need to use up all that pretty paper. 




Next up is this colourful little card I created with a something I had on the back burner. 
This sentiment is so encouraging - you can find it in the set You Are Trying  (I love everything about that stamp set - thank you, Unity!)
Remember I talked about PhD's (Projects Half Done?) Well... I created a panel of awesome color 
using my Tim Holtz stains in Speckled Egg, Salvaged Patina 
and Twisted Citron... and I put it away in my "I will think on it" pile. 
 I decided to pull it out and add a splash of pink to it. It looked great, buutttt.... still 
wasn't lovin' it for this. So I chopped it with a Paper Rose die to create that focal point
 for my sentiment. The little silver star edging was cut with an SU die. 
Everything is popped up to add a bit of dimension. Just a simple card to let someone know they are doing better than they think ;) 
 I love that. 



I have SO many things to show you this month, because (just a head's up) I am a 
Growing In Unity Girl this week beginning Monday, so you are probably
 gonna be sick of me by the end of it - lol so this is my final card of the Hop this month.

I have said before, our sentiment kits are PACKED with sooo many awesome 
sentiments and fun images. I love how versatile they are - you can make alot of cards with just one - never boring! 
I used Extended Celebration last month for our Hop (Birthdays! It was a blast) 
and I still had something brewing in my crafty brain with it - so I created
 this card last month and saved it to share with you now.
 I randomly stamped that big sentiment on my card front.
 (and no, I didn't use a Misti or platform all. Many mistakes were made lol.)
 But it was fun to create my own background using the sentiment. I colored up
 the little birthday cake and fussy cut it and added it to the black layer. That little greeting is
 white heat-embossed just to make it pop a little. 

It has been fun using all these sentiments this month and I hope I inspired you to create more with the kits - I love getting new stamps but I shopped my stash this month and it was alot of fun! 

Please remember to leave some love below and let me know you stopped by before you cruise over to the next stop on our Hop - Bobbie Sue! You can see her inspiration for you here


Peace Love n' Ink


Amber 









Comments

  1. Oh my gosh... wonderful bunch of cards, Amber! I love the distressed layers of your first card. So perfect! Your second card is so creative and colorful... love it! But I think the third card is my fave with the background you created and the cute little cake. So fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are SO fun! I absolutely love each one of them! I especially love what you did with the paper pieces. Wonderful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layers, design and sentiment of the first card! The sentiment is so cute and I am adding the set to my wishlist. The second card is stunning. The beautiful dies under the amazing circle die is Wow! The sentiment is beautiful. Even the embelishments are spot on. Your last card is so cool. Love the black and white contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love all of your cards… you really brought those sentiments to focus with the techniques used! Btw… can’t believe how steady your hand was stamping all over the birthday card… mine would have been all wonky🤣! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super variety of cards, my favourite is the first one, that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards but absolutely love the 2nd one! Those stitched colorful odd shaped die cuts just set off the wreath and your sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful array of cards! I love the first one and all the great layers & distressing; as well as the fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great sentiment projects for the theme. And I especially like the card that matches the hop graphic. How creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! The first two are especially great for using up those paper pieces that I can't throw away! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! I love the technique creating a sentiment background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything you posted!!! Love the scraps and torn edges on the first…the cut up strips are genius! And the last one is amazing!! The background is perfect and the cute little cake!!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your colorful
    second card! Great
    design.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! I love the Happy Birthday background you created, and also your second card with the pretty colored scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful cards, loved the first one, looks so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you found a way to use the background that you created and wasn't satisfied with how it turned out. It looks amazing on the card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards! I like the layers of the cards and the sentiments are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are super fun sentiment centered cards! I really love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are so fun and would be a blast to receive. Love all your comments throughout your post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amber, I love each card so much! Can not choose a favorite... Each sentiment is perfect! 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are all great! Love the rough edges on the 1st one. Love the colors on the 2nd one & the 3rd-great CAS card! Wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards! Always looking for b'day cards that are unique!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your great variety of cards and how you used up your scraps too! Great sentiments to focus on!😊

    ReplyDelete
  23. Three amazing cards! I can't even pick a favorite because they are all so different - so I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was fun! The 1st card... I've been searching for that punch, the old part is not what I wanted to hear. Sad.. the star swirl around the sentiment reminds me of a headache on a cartoon and I laughed outloud... Definately will remember that for my next get well card. Lovely Birthday font! I loved them all! Unity will love having you! (Us watchers too)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazng cards! I love the layers, colors, sentiment, and details on your first card. Love the cut up pieces, beautiful colors, and sentiment on your 2nd card, very creative. And I love the sentiment background and that lil cake on your 3rd card. Just wonderfully creative cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts