Friends of Unity Blog Hop - April 2023: Butterflies

Hi crafty friends! It's finally time for another Blog Hop!



It's so hard to believe but April is here already - that last month just cruised by so fast (thankfully!) 

I got to spend a ton of time in my crafty space which made me very happy. I was busy creating multiple projects, working on ideas for upcoming classes and trying to decide what to create for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop ;) 

This month, our cue is Butterflies - a perfect spring-themed inspiration I would say! Tammy is a brand new amazing addition to our group of "Hoppers" and if you haven't had a chance to check out the gorgeous designs she made you can head to her Blog here. 

 I would love to show you what I created!  



I have created SO many cards with this Unity stamp (and likely a Blog Hop card or two) but I can't stop using it! It is called Falling Into Place, and this big beauty was created by artista Sandhya Iyer.

I colored this with Copics and played with some of my favorite colors, then fussy cut this. (I kinda find fussy cutting therapeutic from time to time.) Patience and super sharp paper snips are the key! I cut a Crumb Cake cardstock layer using a fun die from Stampin Up and placed it over a very pale woodgrain piece of patterned paper. I added a bit of splatter with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Picket Fence. Super simple/easy-peasy card!



Next up - while my first card this month was clean and simple, I got messy with this one and had so much fun doing it! 

I took a watercolor piece of paper and "smooshed" Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Tea Dye. (Just a bit, because I needed room for that GORGEOUS image stamp!) All Blessings is a fantastic new stamp just released this year and I have been just waiting to ink it up! 

I used my Vintage Photo ink and just a kiss of black on the tips of the wings. I needed to give the stamped image just a bit of "blend" because of the texture of the paper, so I took my aqua painter and just gave the stamped image a bit of watercoloring. 

Next up, I found my favorite Layers of Life set  called Time To Be Happy Again- it really is an oldie but a goodie for "the grunge look" and added to this layer - (for the record... Tammy Hawes is the MASTER of sewing on paper! I totally wanna be her when I grow up!) For now, this stamp set and those "sewn lines" will have to do!  

I inked up the sentiment on vellum and Stazon ink, and decided before I attached everything to that kraft cardstock base that I should really get messy  and add some more spray stains in Old Paper, Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain distress ink. It was fun to play with all those stains!

Next up is another amazing new addition to the Blog Hop collective - Jane Bosi! 

Please do go visit her Blog and see what she was inspired to create this month for you! You can head to her Blog here.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the stops along the Hop! 

Do you want to start at the beginning? 

You definitely want to check out what Crystal has for you this month! Her Blog can be found here! 


Peace Love n' Ink 


Amber 

Comments

  1. Love your clean and messy cards, Amber! Such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great cards, Amber! I love both styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! Both are so different, but equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, I love the 'messy' one, very 'arty'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful in there own way. I love the colors in the spring looking one, but I also love the grungy one. Beautiful job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous looking
    cards!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both! I do like to get messy though! Gorgeous cards
    Angie Buehler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your wonderful designs. The sentiments on both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely creations, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards for the hop! I especially love the way you colored the image on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful cards and blog my friend.
    Love all your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both butterfly cards are beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Such different looks that are both so very beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these beauties for different reasons!! The coloring and fussy cutting on the first is a-maz-ing!!! But the messy-ness and all the extra yummie-ness on the second one is 🤩 WOW!! Beautiful!!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! And you pull off both totally different styles SO well! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts