Friends of Unity Blog hop - The Man Card (Masculine Card Inspo)

 

Happy June, everyone! 

This month always flies by SO fast - it's a busy one, with summer finally beginning for us here... our town comes alive.. it is finally time to get out on the lakes and get camping season underway. 

I lose track of just how busy it is, and time got away from me leading up to this month's Friends of Unity Blog Hop  cue.. it's all bout the guys! That's right - masculine cards are the feature! 


I have had an idea in my head since I saw a great card from another designer using a similar stamp (so I guess you could say this is a CASE'd card) - Copy And Share Everything is the main way we get inspired.... right?

I loved the Sunray stamp from Unity, so I created that multi-colour base image with a bit of sponging of Tim Holtz inks in Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral, and then went in with Spiced Marmalade to sponge and blend it together. 

Next up I grabbed a couple things from my stash to create that cloud - I added texture with an SU embossing folder and also found their Basic Border dies worked perfectly as well. It is adhered direct to the base panel. 

The motorcycle image was not colored (I totally struggled leaving it that way but I wanted it to pop. This image is from Unity's Ride It Out stamp set and it creates *the* quintessential manly-man card. The sentiment is from June's Kit of The Month - I thought it was perfect! A blend of old/new is always fun! 


Next up, since I had my June Kit of the Month for inspiration, I decided to use that beautiful country image and stamp it on kraft. Coloring on kraft makes me always feel it has that "vintage" vibe, and that image does make me a tad nostalgic for the my grandparents' farm. If my beloved Gido was still here, this would be a card for him. I collared this with watercolor pencil and just blended a bit ( I am not sure how happy I am with it, but I intended to give this look another go on a similar card I have brewing in my brain ;) 

I chose a simple sentiment from the Forrest Guy stamp set, and layered this with a pop up of vellum and some paper from the Rustic Wood Paper Pack.


My last card for this month's masculine inspo again combines a little of the old and new! I used a sweet itty bitty called Hearts Around the Globe. It was colored with Copics before using a stitched circle die and adding that sentiment from the June Kit of the Month (this month's kit is so versatile!) 

I have some amazing 49 and Market supplies and their reposition fabric tape was added to cardstock and cut with Unity's Dashes and Frills Heart dies and popped up using dimensionals. 

The paper is also from the 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Everywhere collection. 

Thanks for stopping here along the Hop! I would love if you let me know you stopped by - comment below and I have a special something to send to one lucky visitor (Please note- I must know it is you so be sure to leave your name on your comment so it doesn't stay anonymous!) 

I will announce the winner on next month's post! 


Did you arrive here from Crystal's Blog? If not, she kicked things off this month and you can go back and check it out HERE.


Next up is Kim! Head over to her Blog and see her designs HERE.


Peace, Love n' Ink

Amber 


Comments

  1. Fabulous card, Amber! I love the blended sun rays on the first one with the clouds. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so perfectly made, Amber. I like the different styles in each card. I think the sun ray one pops out to me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards, I love the motorbike one, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your cards Amber! The motorbike one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Each one unique. I love them all, but I think the motorcycle with those rays and the clouds is my favorite. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tractor is so good! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so
    darling. Love the
    tractor card.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great designs and backgrounds! Love the motorcycle image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you blended the inks on the sun rays stamp!!! Storing that little trick in my memory banks!! All so amazing!!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous masculine cards! The motorocycle card would be perfect for my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards! You did a fantastic job with this month's theme. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! I really love the motorcycle card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the motorcycle and the tractor cards! Can't wait to ink up that tractor!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great masculine card designs. I really like the one with a tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three fabulous cards! I love the look of the tractor scene on kraft. I may have to try that myself, but make my tractor orange, as my Dad is a Kubota guy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts