Slimline Cards - Friends of Unity Blog Hop November 2023

 


Hello y'all -  Welcome! I can't believe it is already time for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop! 

This month has flown by - it's crazy! And this past week, we have had ALOT of fun stuff happening - after all, it was Unity's release day this past Wednesday and OMG - did you see ALL THE NEW THINGS?! I want them all!

 Yesterday was also the Fall/Winter Coffee Lover's Blog Hop and I had to ink up some Unity to show off (you can check that out in the previous Blog post) :) 

It was sooo hard to buckle down and create for this month's Blog Hop inspiration - slimline cards.... my head was swimming with soooo many ideas! I have to admit that slimline are not my favorite, but once I got started I was on a roll (in fact - I am going to save a design I made for a future challenge because I don't want to overload you!)

Up first, a traditional slimline card! 


I had played with combining a couple stamp sets and I love a great mash-up! Here I combined Winter Birdie Swag with Winter Awaits (one of my most favorite Christmas/Winter stamps from Unity!)

I stamped my birdie on watercolor paper and heat embossed it before using my Zig real brush markers. This time instead of coloring direct to paper, I scribbled a bit of color onto an acrylic stamping block and then used my Aqua brush to color the image - it adds a much softer effect. Heat embossing really makes the image pop - isn't his little hat adorable?

The sprigs of branches were actually stamped with Distress inks by Tim Holtz - I inked up the branches with Rustic Wilderness ink and Distress Spray Stain in Twisted Citron. I added a dab of Starry Sky ink from SU to another block and "flicked" that little bit of blue to add to the background before popping up the sentiment on the front. (apologies, but I do not know the brand of slimline dies that were used as I purchased them from sweet Bobbie Sue and they came in just an envelope - but they are darling!)

Next up, I decided to create a mini-slimline for you! 


 I had to play with my fall stamps just a wee bit more before the snow hits full-force around here - and Fall Foliage Winnie was calling to me! Mini-slimline are actually fun and not as hard to fit into an envelope - the measurements are 3 1/2  in. x 6 in. 

Pooh was stamped and then colored with Copics (I used Y17, Y15 an Y08 for Winnie) I masked him while blending my blue sky and colored up the leaves and grass. I love how it turned out. I popped up that layer over a watercolor panel that has a blend of Distress inks in Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, and Fired Brick. I also added something fun (and new to my crafting arsenal) Tim Holtz Embossing Glaze - have you tried it?! I used a wee bit of Fossilized Amber in spots on this card and I LOVE it. 

I hope this month my friends and I inspire you to create a slimline (or mini-slimline) card or two as well! Next up  I know Tammy has some beautiful designs to show you - you can stop in and see them here. 

If you like, here is a list of all of my Friends this month who are hopping! 

Kicking things off...

Crystal 

Jane 

(Amber) <--- you are here

Tammy

Gaylynn

Kim 

April 

Colleen

Dawn F

Rachel

Joyce 

Thanks so much for visiting - be sure to leave some love in the comments so I know you stopped by this month!

Peace Love n' Ink 


Amber 


Comments

  1. Sweet cards, Amber! Love the layers on your first one... such a wonderful winter card! And I love Pooh bear! Adorable mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great, but I think the first is my favorite! I love that birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so cute… and those stamps, so adorable! Super job on these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cards! The bird is so cute, and I love the sentiment with the Pooh image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely and beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards! I love them both for different reasons. Great stamps and designs. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, really
    like the Birdie one!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eye candy for winter! I love the stance on that branch, yes cute cute hat. I'm becoming a whinnie fan, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birdy card with the touch of greenery around him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable—love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer the mini size myself although I’ve done both! Your cards are great
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty winter card with the bird and cute Fall card with Pooh bear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts