Furry Friends - December 2023 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

 


Hello again, crafty friends! 

Hard to believe, but it is just weeks until Santa arrives! I will be putting my tree up later today (to me it feels late - but I do keep it up into January to celebrate Ukrainian Christmas)

I have been on the go with Christmas card classes and it has been so busy that I am actually happy that for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop this month, we are focusing on a different theme - Furry Friends! Anyone who knows me, knows that my fur baby is my life - it's her world, we are just living in it! So I am Team Doggo this month and my two quick cards for the Hop  are celebrating man's (and women's!) best friend :) 

Crystal kicked off our Furry Friends Hop this month and she has outdone herself again - she has mad skills and if you missed her inspo, be sure to go check it out HERE.

I thought I would design a project not Christmas related for this month's Hop, but I had to ink up a recent release that I absolutely love! 



I inked up Woofy Christmas and colored all the pups in various shades using my Copics. That pile of pups was then fussy cut and popped up on a green cardstock base that I inked up with Gumball Green ink from SU! and added a few water drops. (I duplicated this on my next card as well)
The sentiment is from Unity's Merry Chrismoose Cuddlebug and I heat embossed it in white. 

My next card is dedicated to someone special who is on our Blog Hop team -  this month I designed a special card for my friend Dawn Fields. 



Dawn recently lost her beloved best friend Charlee and I know that pain all too well. 
This one is for you, my friend. 

I inked up the dog from Unity's Ava Girl stamp set and set her on a background that was ink blended with Tim Holtz inks in Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot. I used a moon stencil from Tim Holtz as well. I wanted that sweet furbaby gazing out at the moon on a darkened hill. 
Our dogs are like children to some of us and losing them is heartbreaking - we get them for such a short time. 

I hope you are inspired by my two designs this month and you can use the cue to create your own Furry Friends cards as well - be sure to share your projects - I love to see them! 

Thanks for stopping in - next up is Tammy's adorable designs! Check them out here!

Peace, Love n Ink

Amber 

Comments

  1. Amazing cards, Amber! Love the colors and the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your furry cards and so sweet for you to remember Dawn's Charlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am touched beyond words Amber! Your kind gesture is everything to me during this difficult time. I appreciate your thoughtfulness friend. You are a blessing in my life. Amazing cards! The dog from Ava Girl reminds me of my sweet Charlee girl. This back view looks just like Charlee's back view. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such precious stamps and cards. My daughter lost both of her cats this year. That broke my heart💔 that card would help me feel better too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In tears.... being a doggomom too of a 14 years rescue.... am so touched by your kindness to Ms. Dawn.. precious precious precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inking is incredible - and beautiful. Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! When I saw your first card I thought "this will be my favorite of Amber's cards". But then I saw the second one and my heart just melted. What an exceptional way to deliver such an emotional acknowledgement of a life lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards and love
    your second card for Dawn.
    Very loved I'm sure.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet cards with these cute pups! Love the cute tree of pups, and your second card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both such beautiful cards. I really love the second one especially!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts