Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Found in Nature

 


Hi crafty friends!! 

Welcome back for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! This month we are inspiring you with nature-themed cards using our favorite Unity Stamps! Crystal kicked things off with some gorgeous cards, as always (if you want to go start at the beginning - go here
 It was a tough decision on just what red rubber I wanted to use, because there are SO many wonderful choices! I had fun with this cue, and I hope we inspire YOU to grab something from your crafty stash and create some beautiful cards to brighten someone's day! 

Before I share this month's designs - I have a special Unity gift Card to give away to one lucky person who popped by last month. I celebrated a "big" birthday and I wanted to give someone a little Unity of their own! 

Carla (from Arizona) ;) CONGRATULATIONS! You are the lucky winner! You can message me via FB messenger @ Forever Amber's Art  to claim your gift card!

Here is what I designed this month for you! 


This stamp from Unity called Grow. Transform. Evolve has some beautiful bee images that I wanted to color up.  I used Copics in Y19, Y17, Y13 and then fussy-cut them. 
I planned a completely different card for them, but I spotted an idea on Pinterest with a "bee-hive" and an idea formed. So I inked up a watercolor panel with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Fossilized Amber and then used an embossing folder (SU). The Scallop & Arches nesting dies were used to cut the window from the wood pattern paper. 



I then assembled everything and popped up my bees and the sentiment for more dimension. 


Next up, I decided to play with butterflies ;) 





I used my cloud stencil and laid out the background and then inked up Endlessly Beautiful for this nature card. 
I have had this stamp for a long time, and can you believe I have never used it?! Not sure what I was thinking - it's gorgeous! 
I colored with Copics again - a plethora of colors - B00, BG11, YG13, YG06, G20, E00, Y02, and Y000. I played with a fun die from All & Create (#32)  and just added a few sequins. 

Finally, a clean and simple card for this month's cue. 


This sweet and simple card was an afterthought but the stamp set called Going to be okay was too pretty to pass by for this month's cue.
The image and sentiment were inked up with Versafine ink in Onyx Black and the sweet birdies were colored with Tim Holtz Watercolor pencils in Picked Raspberry, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap. I colored direct to paper and then used an Aqua painter blend and soften the color vs wetting the pencils first. 

I had my postage stamp dies out for another project I have on the go and I had a scrap of vellum to use up. It was embossed with an embossing folder called Timber from SU!. I layered everything with dimensionals to pop it up. I love how it turned out! 



I hope you check out all of the stops along the Hop this month and see what my friends have designed for you! There is so much inspiration and our cues (I hope) inspire YOU to create a card for two as well! 

Next up is the AMAZING Tammy ....  so do check out her cards here




Peace, Love n Ink 

Amber 

Comments

  1. So many wonderful cards, Amber! I love the texture and dimension on the first card! Who doesn't love a beautiful butterfly... love your beautiful second card! And the CAS design of your last card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards but I love the bee's! So beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love the bees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards, Amber! The bees…perfection, but I just love the last card and I have and love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to be your winner!
    I sent you a message and thank
    you. Your cards are lovely and
    I love your Bee card. I have a
    nephew who raises Bees.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely, especially the second one

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful cards. My favorite it the bird card—soft and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards!

    Dawn Fields

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! I've always loved the Grow Transform Ebolve set, but I especially love how you used just half of the Endlessly Beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards with such pretty details! I love the layering and designs on each one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all! You certainly have some amazing dies. The ones with the butterfly card are so quirky and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber, your cards are all so beautiful! The bee card is amazing! I love how you did the second card, and the die you used is really fun! Your third card is just so beautiful. I'm going to have to order some of these sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are absolutely beautiful Amber. The layers and textures all work so well to make each a work of art !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bees, butterflies and birds on your nature themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous! The bee card is darling. I like sentiments that are separate like that. And the birdie card is my fave (being a bird nerd!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts