Mom's the Word! Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hi my friends! I am so happy you are here!

It's time for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop!



 March flew by so fast and I can't believe it is already April! The weather has been just getting better and better too - we may actually be in ... (dare I say it..?) "Officially spring" 

This month the Friends of Unity are hopping and celebrating Moms! What better way to show a mom you are thinking of her than by sharing a handmade card! Crystal kicked off this month's hop - if you didn't hop over here from her Blog - you NEED to see just what she created! Head back to her  blog HERE.

 I created a couple projects this month I would like to share with you to inspire you! Here's card number one.



This Mother's Day card could actually even be given for a birthday, or just because! 

I inked up Hello There Bear (I grabbed this during one of Unity's amazing sales just last month - I couldn't believe I didn't have it and it was a NEED!) I colored it with my Copics and added a sentiment from a fantastic collaboration stamp set with Graciellie design - Happy Mother's Day. 

The Scallop & Arches nesting dies were used to cut this panel - and I popped it up on a layer of Enveloped in Love paper. 

Next up - card #2! 


This super simple card was done in a flash -  I ink "smooshed" a piece of watercolor cardstock with Antique Linen and Old Paper distress inks from Tim Holtz, and then cut it with a round die from Crafter's Companion. The Unity stamp called Simple Mothers Day was inked with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. 


I loved the paper pack called Vintage Blooms & Botany from the Aug 23 Whit Kit. This paper is full of gorgeous florals - perfect for the ladies in your life!  I simply used the Deckle & Stitches nesting dies  and cut a layer to add on top of a Crumb Cake cardstock base. I popped up that gorgeous sentiment and this card was complete. 

Our cue is meant to inspire you every month to create cards of your own - I hope you enjoyed my designs! The next stop on the Hop is Tammy's Blog - her cards are always beautiful! 

See you soon! 

Peace, Love n Ink 

Amber 

Comments

  1. So sweet!
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bear image is soooooo sweet! You’ve inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your first card
    and lovely work on
    them both.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! Love the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards, Amber! I adore the first one. I don't think I have that bear... hmmm. I'll have to fix that! I love the sentiment on the second one and the papers you paired it up with are perfect! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! The bear image is adorable, and nicely colored. I love the floral paper with the pretty sentiment piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! The little bear card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first card with the adorable bear and chicks! Your second card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and pretty Mother's Day cards. I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so lovely! Those baby ducks are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards! I love the die cut turned on your first card, very creative to fit the darling bear and ducks. And the second card is just beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts