Friends of Unity Blog Hop Oct 2024 - CASE'd It !


Hi crafty friends! Happy World Cardmaking Day! 

I can't believe it is already time for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! October has arrived and the leaves have begun to fall and there is a definite chill in the air - and I have to admit, Fall is my favorite! 

This month my friends and I are here to inspire you with cards we have designed from gathering inspiration ourselves. Crystal kicked things off and I KNOW she is a huge inspiration  to all of us not just with Unity, but card making in general - she keeps this ship (the Friends of Unity Blog Hop) running smooth month after month and her cards are always picture perfect! (If you want to go back and start with her Blog, you can see it HERE!) 

 CASE is the name of the game - which means Copy And Share Everything - and in the card making hobby-world, we gather inspo from other cardmakers all the time.  We get ideas from color to theme and everything in between. This month I chose 2 different cards from 2 very different cardmakers that inspired me - I love their style! 


First up - Von Marie! 

Von Marie is one of my fave designers - her clean and simple cards are totally my jam and I have CASEd her cards many times - and this time I chose  one for her recent cards she created for the Coffee crafts blog - I decided to go with a more winter-themed coffee card. 


I combined two Unity Stamp sets for this card - the coffee cup is from Joy Peace & Comfort Mug. I stamped it in Versafine ink and then heat embossed it in clear before coloring it with Copics in E29, E57 and E34.

Next, I ink blended the base with soft Sky ink and then heat embossed the image from Shake Your Flakes in clear over it - it is subtle but its so nice to add a bit of shine! 

I fussy-cut the cup and then cut a few snowflakes with dies from SU to add to my design in the place of Von Marie's  flowers form the original card. I stamped out the sentiment (also from Shake your flakes) and popped it up as well for a bit of dimension. Some small pearl gems finished it off. 

Next up, card #2 !


Natasha is one of Unity's own and her style is one of a kind - if you love mixed media, SHE is your girl!!

I swoon over sooo many of her card designs so I chose a moody/spooky background that inspired me to make my own for this next card! 


I loved that big full moon so I pulled out my stencil and got to work creating that spooky night sky on a piece of cardstock by layering oxides in Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord and Uncharted Mariner, then I added a wee bit of Gathered Twigs.  A few spaces of water and a bit of Picket Fence stain was added. Next I direct stamped that cute pumpkin from Bootiful Friend and colored just the vines and stem, because I wanted the image to really pop - so I stamped it again on a piece of cardstock and fussy-cut it, along with the larger leaf. 

I inked up the sentiment and used another die from SU and just shaded the edges of it before popping it up and layering everything on that navy cardstock base! 

I hope we inspire YOU this month to CASE a card you see - we love when you give a shout out to show it off in the Show & Tell group too! We are all here to inspire one another! 

Next up on the hop is Kari! You can check out all her inspiration HERE


Peace Love n' Ink 

Amber 


Comments

  1. I love your beautiful creations, Amber, and how you were inspired! Just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great renditions of those cards above. Your designs are beautiful 😍
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!! Your take on both cards is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inking on
    your background.
    A very fun card.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CASEing, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natasha is so inspiring! Love what you've shared today! That moon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts